Contact and Customer Service Assistant
Student Administration Services
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar) Portfolio
- This opportunity provides the best training ground for a successful career within the University
- Kickstart your career in the higher education sector in a role that really makes a difference
- Full-time continuing opportunities with a 78K remuneration package, which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
The Student Centre is the first point of contact for future students, current students, internal stakeholders and the general public to receive advice, assistance and support on student administration related enquiries and transactions. The Contact and Customer Service Assistant is an essential member of the Student Centre team, responsible for responding to Tier 1 enquiries and effective diagnoses of more complex Tier 2 and Tier 3 matters in accordance with established business practice guidelines and triage service protocols. This includes the responsive, accurate and timely provision of information across a range of enquiry channels within a high volume call centre and demand-driven service centre. The incumbent is also responsible for providing transactional support for a range of student administration related activities, management of feedback and complaints, and appropriate referral for specialist assistance while aiming in all instances, to empower the clientele to self-manage enquiries as far as possible.
Reporting to a Team Leader, the Contact and Customer Service Assistant is expected to;
- support the business operational needs of the Student Centre
- reinforce a positive approach, solutions-focused service culture
- conduct themselves ethically and engage in performance measurement that will enhance the student experience
- utilise strong customer service, prioritisation and organisational skills
- work collegially, flexibly and effectively across a range of enquiry channels in a team environment.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Contact and Customer Service Assistants who possess:
- demonstrated experience and commitment to delivering excellent customer service across multiple high volume enquiry/service channels
- the ability to prepare documentation and formulate informative and accurate written and verbal responses to enquiries and complaints
- demonstrated ability to work within established protocols and guidelines
- sound technology/computer skills, and the ability to work with new technologies, with a high level of speed and accuracy.
The Student Administration Services PSU is within the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Registrar) portfolio and is responsible for all areas of student administration from future and current student enquiry and information provision, through to application, admission, scholarship and tuition fee management, unit of study availability and enrolment management, timetabling, assessment, central examination and results management, maintaining the student record, assessing course completion requirements, enabling award conferral and graduation.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For recruitment-related enquiries, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Recruitment Officer, Tooba Fida: email@example.com
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm Monday 21st May 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.