Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Faculty of Education
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 2-year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: $95,297 - $113,166 pa Level B (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Drive your own learning at one of the world’s top 80 universities
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Faculty of Education centres itself upon delivering high-quality and ethical teaching, research, capacity building and community service in an effort to actively contribute to the public interest. We are looking for a Research Fellow to join the newly established Education Futures Initiative of the Faculty, to develop data science grounded methods, in order to provide meaningful insights from large sources of data, to relevant stakeholders as required.
Your key duties and responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Establish data science protocols to identify patterns and associations in data
- Extract information from multiple sources to devise data-driven solutions which provide insights into questions of importance for educational research and policy
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to inform relevant public and research debates
- Lead and conduct independent and collaborative research projects which result in the generation of high-quality publications
- Actively participate in competitive funded research projects and join initiatives aimed at growing the education and research component of data science in the University and the Faculty of Education
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and understanding of related literature, trends and information in education and its impact
To be successfully considered for this role, you must have a doctoral qualification in data science or a related discipline (e.g. statistics, computer science, learning analytics or educational data mining), experience in data science in education, and record of independent research resulting in high-quality publications and evidence of growing citation impact.You will also have experience with natural language processing and automated text analysis; demonstrated experience in data science/educational data mining methods and the ability to use technical skills to find solutions to unidentified problems; and experience with state-of-the-art programming languages in data science (e.g., R and Python). You will be confident in liaising with stakeholders at varying levels and have demonstrable time-management and prioritisation skills. You will be flexible to work both autonomously as well as within the team, and thrive on working to deadlines efficiently.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. As such, this role will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash jobs".
Mrs Leanne Strout, Senior Business Development Specialist, Faculty of Education, +61 3 9905 2703
Thursday 24 May 2018, 11:55 pm AEST