Web Content Officer
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Web Content Officer is a member of the Student Information Team which sits within the Academic Services portfolio.
About the role
Reporting to the Web Coordinator, the Web Content Officer will join an energetic and dynamic team of 12 professional staff, working collaboratively to deliver campaigns and projects which showcase the University’s rich offering of student services.
The role will function as the first point of contact for all web requests across Academic Services. It will be responsible for supporting web maintainers to deliver online content, including organising and facilitating small training sessions for staff, and sharing advice on web best practice. It will also support the Web Coordinator by completing other web work as required.
Utilising excellent written and verbal communication skills, and experience in both content editing and web development, the Web Content Officer will develop a strong understanding of student service offerings to ensure Academic Services online content is engaging, accurate, and meets the needs of students. The role will also be required to use web analytics to make recommendations, and provide feedback regarding design and content principles (as well as technical requirements).
This unique position offers a number of exciting opportunities to be involved in major web projects across the University, use creativity and initiative to lead innovation, and play a pivotal role in enhancing the student experience.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Significant experience developing and maintaining websites using content management systems.
- Demonstrated substantial professional experience using HTML5/CSS, and preparing content for web and digital platforms through formatting and editing
- Demonstrated understanding of best practice for web, including design principles, SEO, writing for the web, and accessibility compliance.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively as part of a team to deliver customer-centred solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, with demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of customers, clients and stakeholders.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 21 May 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria