Sydney Dental School
Faculty of Medicine and Health
- School Manager position available in the new Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Be an integral part of the school leadership team
- Full time, continuing position at Sydney Dental School (Westmead) Remuneration package, HEO 9, $123k - $130k p.a. which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
As part of its Strategic Plan 2016-2020, the University of Sydney committed to the establishment of a new Faculty of Medicine and Health. This strategy is designed to enhance the University’s capacity to lead the education and development of health professionals and to conduct research that will meet the requirements and drive modern developments in the delivery of integrated health care. The new faculty comprises the Schools of Dentistry, Medicine, Medical Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and later Health Sciences, together with the University’s ten clinical schools. The new faculty will also maintain and build on its network of health partnerships in a wide variety and distribution of health care settings.
This has led to new opportunities within the schools and we are now seeking an experienced person for the following School Manager (Sydney Dental School).
The position of School Manager is part of the school leadership team and contributes leadership and business management skills to the planning, setting, communicating and deploying of the practices of the school. The position has responsibility for implementing infrastructure and operational plans and academic and operation strategies, goals and efficient processes within the school, that is consistent within the faculty and between other faculties, to facilitate the delivery of the education, research strategies and external engagement strategies of the school.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research and education excellence. We are looking for a School Manager who possess:
- a degree qualification in an applicable field (for example business administration) and/or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience;
- knowledge and understanding of the key strategic issues in the higher education sector nationally, and how these translate to the practical operational management requirements of academic endeavour;
- experience in people management, with the demonstrated skills to motivate and mobilise small, diverse teams to create a positive workplace culture and achieve organisational outcomes;
- experience in business, infrastructure, operational and resource management with experience in delivering, managing and maintaining operational programs that support the organisational endeavour;
- excellent communication, consultation skills and negotiation skills to drive internal and external engagement; and
- demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to work with and utilise data and database platforms to inform and drive organisational, operational, financial and people related decision making.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 828/0518C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 23 May 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.