Postdoctoral Research Associate, Biotech and Biomolecular Science
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Biotechnology and Biomolecular Sciences (BABS) at the University of New South Wales is located at the Kensington campus in Sydney. We have an international reputation in biotechnology, molecular and cellular biology, and microbiology. BABS has expertise in genomics/ transcriptomics, proteomics and bioinformatics, which it combines to understand the molecular biology of the cell and unravel molecular complexities underling diseases.
BABS hosts the Ramaciotti Centre for Genomics which is arguably Australia’s premier facility for research genomics. BABS is also home to the Systems Biology Initiative, which is supported by high-performance computing facilities, including national supercomputers. BABS has collaborative links with the Garvan Institute, the Lowy Cancer Research Centre and other biomedical research organisations within and outside Sydney.
For more information about the School, please visit: www.babs.unsw.edu.au/
About the role
- AUD $91,743 - $98,127 plus 9.5% superannuation p.a.
- Fixed Term for 12 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week) or part-time negotiable
The role of Postdoctoral Research Associate will be required to undertake collaborative computational biomedical researches as part of a multidisciplinary team. You will also prepare material for grant applications, research publications and for presentation at conferences.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- PhD or equivalent qualification preferably in the field of computer science computational biology or bioinformatics.
- Previous research experience in machine learning/artificial intelligence/data science/network science or relevant fields.
- Previous experience interpreting ‘omics data to explain biological phenotype.
- Previous experience with at least one common programming language (Perl/Python/Java) and/or statistical programming languages (e.g. R/MATLAB).
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to assist in the supervision of research students including undergoing compliance and supervising training as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with capacity to deliver high quality project outcomes You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application.
Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Dr Fatemeh Vafaee
T: (61 2) 9385 3281
Applications close: 22 May 2018