Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Brain Modelling
5 days left
- Full Time
$78,530 - $84,257 per annum plus up to 15.75% superannuation and attractive salary packaging.
Duration of Appointment:
This will be a full-time 2.5 year appointment, with option to extend (funding permitting).
What we offer:
- Salary Packaging
- Bonus Superannuation
- Supportive/collaborative team environment
- State of the art facilities
- Stimulating work setting focused on cutting edge medical research
Submit an online application at:
Dr James Roberts by email on firstname.lastname@example.org
1 June 2018
About the Brain Modelling Group:
The Brain Modelling Group models and analyses brain structure and dynamics, in health and disease.
Role Purpose / Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will develop novel models of large-scale brain dynamics, and use these to model brain activity across the adult lifespan. This will entail: (i) mathematical and computational modelling of brain dynamics at the whole-brain level; (ii) constraining models against empirical neuroimaging data, both structural and functional; and (iii) developing novel analysis tools and implementing them for wide adoption.
The successful applicant will have:
- A PhD in physics, mathematics, computational neuroscience, computer science, or a related field;
- A strong track record of high-quality peer-reviewed publications;
- Experience in mathematical modelling;
- Proficiency in programming (e.g. in MATLAB).
They will ideally also have experience in: the pre-processing and analysis of neuroimaging data, including diffusion imaging and tractography, fMRI, MEG, and/or EEG; modelling large-scale brain network dynamics; time series analysis and signal processing; and handling of large datasets.
Please ensure your application addresses both the role and personal requirements found above