Research Fellow, Early Childhood Futures
- Work within a high performing internationally recognised research team
- Contribute to the development of scholarship and research in the Institute
- Full-time, fixed term appointment for three years located at our Melbourne campus
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community which welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
The Learning Sciences Institute Australia (LSIA) is a national research institute hosting a team of eminent researchers and international scholars undertaking nationally-funded research studies with a range of industry-funded partners.
The Research Fellow role is aligned to the research area: Early Childhood Futures. Children’s play continues to be a driver of quality early childhood education in the twenty-first century. The Early Childhood Futures research group considers play as a driver for quality from all perspectives, including those of children and the adults who care for and educate them.
As Research Fellow you will:
- provide research supervision of higher degree research students as a principal or co-supervisor
- contribute to publication outputs through lead and co-authorship in international peer-reviewed outlets
- increase LSIA’s research profile in the discipline and contribute to collaborative research opportunities.
To be successful you will need to demonstrate:
- a PhD in one or more of the relevant research fields
- strong research achievement
- success in working within a research team on competitive grants and/or research consultancies
- the ability to utilise quantitative and/or qualitative research methodologies.
The University pursues an excellence agenda and offers an environment where staff are welcomed and safe, and valued through development, participation and involvement.
How to Apply:
Applicants are expected to address all selection criteria listed in the position description. To apply for this role click the "Apply" link below. Visit Hints and Tips on how to apply.
Total remuneration valued to $114,172 - $134,629 pa, including salary component $96,477 - $113,908pa (Academic Level B), employer contribution to superannuation and annual leave loading.
General enquiries can be addressed to Professor Susan Edwards, Learning Sciences Institute Australia on (03) 9953 3531
Equal Opportunity and Privacy of personal information is University policy. For more details visit: www.acu.edu.au/careers
ACU is committed to diversity and social inclusion in its employment practices. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from culturally diverse groups are encouraged.
Applications Close: Tuesday 22 May 2018 at 11.55pm