Research Study Assistant, School of Medicine, Neurology
Looking for an applicant interested in pursuing a career in neuroscience, neuropsychology, and other related fields. Applicants will gain exposure to neurodegenerative diseases and neuropsychology, while working in a wet lab at the VA-BU-CLF Brain Bank.
Primary responsibilities: Major duties include the following: data collection and entry, assist on brain tissue cutting, prepare tissue for collection and shipment, organize incoming brain cases, general administrative tasks, and other duties assigned by your direct supervisor. In addition to daily tasks, applicants will also have the opportunity to oversee a paper worthy research project on the pathology side of the research. This is a great opportunity to get involved in groundbreaking research.
- Degree in basic sciences or other biological disciplines
- Interest in the study of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, Alzheimer’s Disease and other Neurodegenerative diseases
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Must be able to work with limited oversight
- Computer software proficiency
- Applies meticulous attention to detail
- Background in statistical analysis preferred
- Wet lab experience preferred
- 2-year commitment preferred
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States