Assistant Professor - Public Economics
Three Assistants Professor to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics
Department Department of Public Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline 24 May 2018
Start date 01.07.2018 and 01.09.2018
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
In accordance with the Act No. 111/98 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the position of:
Department of Public Economics:
1) a full-time Assistant Professor to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics: Economic Sociology, Labour market and socioeconomic inequalities, Methodology of empirical research
2) a part-time (8 hours a week) Assistant Professor to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics: Marketing, Fundraising and Communication in Non-Profit sector, Cultural Policy
3) a part-time (12 hours a week) Assistant Professor to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics: Introduction to Political Science, Economic Sociology, Diploma Thesis, Public Choice.
Would you like to share your experience with others? Do you enjoy coming up with new ideas and solutions? Are you interested in research? Do you welcome new challenges? If so, then you are the person we are looking for. Do become part of the Faculty of Economics and Administration of Masaryk University.
What does the position entail?
- teaching key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics,
- supervising Bachelor and Master theses,
- research activity, including participation in research projects and grants, or running them,
- publishing activity.
What do we require?
- a completed doctoral degree in the area of Public Economics, Public Finance, Economics, Sociology or Political Science (Position 1 and 3) or a related area,
- publishing results in the area of:
- Research of Civil Society/Non-Profit sector, Inequalities and Discrimination in the labour market (Position 1),
- Marketing of Non-Profit and Public Organisations, Research of Non-Profit sector (Position 2),
- Research of Civil Society/Non-Profit sector (Position 3)
and related areas (mainly publications in impacted journals and journals classified in the Scopus database),
- ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English languages,
- experience in engaging in research projects,
- pedagogical experience,
- ability to work in team,
- research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.: at least active participation in international research conferences, presentation of research results at the conferences and other professional encounters abroad.
What do we offer?
- interesting, autonomous and responsible work in the environment of prestigious university,
- professional team and agreeable working environment,
- employment benefits (meal voucher contribution, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contribution, vaccination contribution, free access to Masaryk University library services, etc.),
- opportunity for education and professional development,
- opportunity of an internship abroad.
What to include to applications?
- a full professional Curriculum Vitae,
- an overview of publishing activity over the previous 10 years complying with the RIV publication ranking structure. The applicants will accentuate those publications that, according to them, bear relevance to the pertinent position,
- a list of research projects the candidate ran in the past 10 years or in which he/she participated,
- a list of citation responses to their publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (apart from WOS), other (apart from WOS a Scopus),
- an overview of pedagogical experience,
- proof of internationally relevant research agenda,
- a covering letter including the vision of the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Public Economics (approximately 1 A4 size page),
- a copy of documents proving the qualifications attained.
Expected commencement of employment September 1, 2018; July 1, 2018 (Position 3), or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 24. 5. 2018 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/39730 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number 549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.