Associate Professor - Department of Public Economics
4 days left
- Full Time
A part-time Associate Professor (20 hours a week) to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Faculty (Education Policy and HR Development, Public Projects and Public Procurement, Public Project Design and Evaluation)
Department Department of Public Economics – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline 21 May 2018
Start date 01.07.2018
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
In accordance with the Act No. 111/98 Coll., Section 77, the Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the position of:
Department of Public Economics
A part-time Associate Professor (20 hours a week) to teach key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics (Education Policy, Public Projects and Public Procurement, Public Project Design and Evaluation)
What does the position entail?
- teaching key subjects guaranteed by the Department of Public Economics,
- supervising doctoral students,
- research activity, initiating and running research projects and grants, publishing activity,
- assessing PhD or habilitation theses,
What do we require?
- academic title of associate professor in the area of Public Economics, Public Administration, Economics or a related area or a similar position granted abroad, pedagogical experience,
- publishing results in the area of Public Economics, Public Administration and related areas (mainly publications in impacted journals and journals classified in the Scopus database),
- ability to lecture and publish in Czech and English languages,
- experience in managing research and scientific projects,
- research agenda relevant internationally, e.g.:
- active participation in international research conferences, presentation of research results at such conferences and other professional encounters abroad,
- heading expert sections at international research conferences, or their (co) organisation,
- reviews in a foreign language for journals, conferences and grant agencies,
- active membership in international research (professional) organizations.
What do we offer?
- interesting, autonomous and responsible work at prestigious university,
- professional team and agreeable working environment,
- employment benefits (meal voucher contribution, 8 weeks of holiday, supplementary pension insurance contribution, etc.),
- opportunity for education and professional development,
- opportunity of an internship abroad,
- a 3-year employment contract.
What to include to applications?
- a full professional Curriculum Vitae,
- an overview of publishing activity over the previous 10 years complying with the RIV publication ranking structure. The applicants will accentuate those publications that, according to them, bear relevance to the pertinent position,
- a list of research projects the candidate ran in the past 10 years or in which he/she participated,
- a list of citation responses to their publications in the following structure: Web of Science, Scopus (apart from WOS), other (apart from WOS a Scopus),
- an overview of pedagogical experience,
- proof of internationally relevant research agenda,
- a covering letter including the vision of the candidate’s engagement at the Department of Public Economics (approximately 1 A4 size page),
- a copy of documents proving the qualifications attained.
Expected commencement of employment July 1, 2018, or by agreement.
Should you find the position interesting, send your applications including the documents required for the selection procedure by 21. 5. 2018 via e-application https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/39269 on Masaryk University website.
For more detailed information, contact JUDr. Pavla Zapletalová, phone number 549497358, at the Human Resources department of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, MU.