Dean - School of Performing Arts
7 days left
- Full Time
Dean - School of Performing Arts
Location: Mumbai, India
School Name: SVKM’s NMIMS School of Performing Arts
Department Name: Department of Performing Arts/Music
NMIMS Deemed to be University Profile:
NMIMS has been at the forefront of creating innovations & responding to the market changes much more than any other institution in the country. Started as a management school in 1981 and by 1995, NMIMS emerged as one of the top 10 B-schools in India. Based on institution’s performance and contribution to industry & management education, NMIMS was conferred the Deemed University status in 2003 by Government of India. In March 2018, NMIMS was granted Category-1 Graded Autonomy by University Grants Commission which was announced by Ministry of Human Resource Development (Govt. of India).
The institution has put its footmarks in several other disciplines like Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Architecture, Biological and Chemical Science, Economics, Business & Commerce, Liberal Arts, Design and Law with under graduate, post graduate, integrated and doctoral programs.
Vision: Globally admired academic and Research University of excellence. Among the best in India and yearning to be among the best in the world distinguished by innovation, student accomplishments, faculty scholarship, alignment with industry and community needs and contribution to the transformation of the Indian Higher Education.
All NMIMS schools have state-of-the-art infrastructure which is ever expanding. NMIMS promotes global thinking consistent with national interest and promoting the values, professionalism, social sensitivity and dynamic entrepreneurship.
NMIMS is looking for a visionary leader and scholar to lead the School of Performing Arts by providing excellent teaching and research guidance to students and faculty members. He/ She should possess excellent leadership and organisational skills, have the ability to multi-task, willing to collaborate and be part of a team with great social and interpersonal skills.
Ph.D. in any field in Performing Arts/Preferably Music Performance/Education or other relevant field with evidence of published work and research guidance. Served as a Professor/ Associate Professor at a university or college of music for minimum 15 years.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishing and administering the education policies approved by NMIMS
- Devising and monitoring the class curriculum of the courses
- Planning and directing school activities related to student services including admissions, growth, progress and placement
- Devising the school calendar and plan events for the year
- Sourcing faculties overseas and locally
- Liaising and building relations with organisations and universities overseas and locally
- Liaising with International and Local artists as brand ambassadors for the college
- Structuring new programmes, master classes and workshops and implementing them
- Serving as the point of contact for student information
- Serving as a liaison between school administrators and student organizations, such as a student council
- Handle discipline-related processes and procedures
- Minimum 25 hours of class load including private lessons
- Any other responsibility which is in the expertise of the individual as and when required.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyse and respond to common communications from other organizations, colleges, faculty, staff, students, members of the profession, and other business or academic entities.
- Ability to effectively present information to individuals at all levels, ranging from students, faculty and to members of the board of directors.
1. Current Curriculum Vitae.
2. Copy of highest degree certificate.
3. Copy of valid passport
5. Any other certificates/ documents that you feel is relevant to your application.
How To Apply
Applicants can apply online by visiting ‘careers’ section on www.nmims.edu or click on the link http://www.nmims.edu/careers/ Or Email your CV to email@example.com on or before 30th May 2018.