Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In Macquarie's Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences you'll join leading researchers, passionate educators and internationally respected clinicians, united in a mission towards delivering the best patient care. Home to the Australian Institute of Health Innovation and Australia's first fully integrated academic health sciences centre – MQ Health, we are a place of bold discoveries and distinctive educational programs that embolden the future leaders of healthcare.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer to support the Faculty’s graduate-entry professional programs.
The role will primarily be responsible for:
- coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the Faculty’s postgraduate medical and physiotherapy programs, the Doctor of Medicine (MD) and Doctor of Physiotherapy (DPT) respectively to ensure that key data sets are systematically collected, interpreted, actioned and communicated in order to maintain an exceptional student experience, excellent teaching, and high-quality student outcomes.
- working collaboratively with academics within the Faculty to provide educational expertise and providing assistance with the design and development of a coherent and vertically-integrated curriculum in patient safety and quality for the Macquarie MD. The curriculum should provide flexibility to be able to be also utilised within the Faculty’s other post-graduate programs, including the DPT and the Masters of Public Health.
The successful candidate will have a background and experience in medical education with a proven record of demonstrating effective approaches to evaluate educational programs to achieve high levels of student satisfaction and other indicators of high quality learning and teaching. The applicant will be expected to participate in educational research and scholarship that positions Macquarie as a leader in the delivery of innovative academic medical education.
The role reports to the academic Program Director, Macquarie MD.
To be considered for this position, you will demonstrate the below requirements in your CV, provide a 4-5-page statement addressing the selection criteria, and provide a cover letter indicating your interest and suitability for the role.
- Post-graduate qualifications in medical education including a PhD in a health-related or education discipline
- Demonstrated significant experience in the development and/or implementation of comprehensive monitoring and evaluation systems and processes for medical or health professional programs
- Evidence from previous experience of using evaluation data to improve program design, the student experience and/or student outcomes
- Ability to effectively engage key stakeholders in educational evaluation, in particular students, as well as unit convenors, and proven effective communication with academic and other staff to improve educational quality
- Experience in curriculum development and/or educational design, with experience of participation in teaching within a medical education program
- A research track record as evidenced by grant income or scholarly publications in the area of medical or health professional education
- Experience with innovative approaches to teaching and learning including blended learning, the use of educational technology, or portfolio assessment
Salary Package: from $121,953 to $140,246 p.a. (Level C) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading.
Appointment Type: Full time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Professor Patrick McNeil, email@example.com
General Enquiries: Samantha Rego, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: 11:55 pm Sunday, 20th May 2018 (AEST)
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.