Student Equity Advisor
- Join Australia's number 1 University †
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
- Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
Academic Services, University Services
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements within the University of Melbourne. The Student Equity Advisor is a member of the Course Planning and Equity Team which sits within the Student Administration portfolio.
About the role
The Student Equity Advisor (SEA) plays a key part in the provision and coordination of strategies and services that ensure students requiring special consideration are able to participate equitably in their academic pursuits at the University of Melbourne. These services are delivered in a student-centric environment and in the context that all students are expected to be independent and active participants in their studies at University.
- An appropriate tertiary qualification and / or at least two years relevant employment experience in a tertiary education
- Experience in the provision of expert and accessible advice and support to students and colleagues about study adjustments and special consideration outcomes that maintain academic integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately interpret, implement and comply with Government legislation and University policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to interact sensitively and empathetically with students experiencing a wide range of challenges, stress and anxiety in relation to their studies.
- Strong organisational skills including a demonstrated ability to prioritise tasks, meet deadlines and work effectively and efficiently under pressure and within relevant policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 20 May 2018
Position Description & Selection Criteria
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria