Associate Director, Undergraduate Future Students
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
Join us and start seeing the world in a different light.
The Future Students Office develops strategies and initiatives aimed at attracting and engaging prospective domestic students to study undergraduate and postgraduate degrees at Macquarie.
The Associate Director, Undergraduate is responsible for the development and implementation of domestic undergraduate strategies aimed at improving the quality and quantity of student enrolments in line with the University’s strategy.
Reporting to the Director, Future Students you will:
- Drive the design, development and evaluation of initiatives, events and programs aimed at promoting the University to our target audiences and increasing domestic student numbers.
- Identify opportunities and develop tactical plans in response to market fluctuations with the aim of increasing prospective student leads, applications and offers.
- Manage the University’s school partnerships program and build relationships with schools and TAFE institutions across the State to increase the number of undergraduate enrolments.
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV and a cover letter as part of the online application process. Note: candidates shortlisted for interview will be expected to address the selection criteria, skills and qualifications below at interview:
- Extensive experience within the Australian higher education sector in a similar or related role.
- Knowledge of core marketing and recruitment functions, frameworks, models and approaches.
- An understanding of the end-to-end prospective student journey.
- An understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing the higher education sector, particularly in relation to undergraduate and pathways cohorts.
Skills and Qualifications
To be successful in this position, you will need to demonstrate:
- Experience implementing strategic and value-added market acquisition and student recruitment programs and initiatives
- Experience building and managing relationships and partnerships
- Experience managing and evaluating large-scale, time sensitive projects
- Degree or equivalent experience in marketing or a related discipline and extensive related experience
For further information regarding this role please view the position description below.
Salary Package: from $125,601 - $147,807 p.a. (Level 10, Band 1) plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full-time, continuing position
Specific Role Enquiries: Bonnie Linsell, Interim Director, Future Students email@example.com or 02 9850 5096
General Recruitment Enquiries: Jason Abbott, HR Graduate Intern firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Sunday 27 May 2018 at 11:55pm (AEST)
Position Description: Associate Director, Undergraduate Future Students
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.