Lecturer, Enabling Programs
- Teach and continuously improve relevant subjects, delivering program learning activities and support sessions online and face to face
- Monitor student engagement and progression, and implement timely strategies to optimise student outcomes.
- Participate in innovative curriculum design, subject and program development and review.
- Part Time, 0.6 continuing role based at any of La Trobe University campuses
- $90,748 – $107,758 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About the role
The Quality and Standards Office sits within the portfolio of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic) and is responsible for quality assurance of academic operations and the delivery of participation programs. Enabling Programs are directed towards students who would otherwise not have basis for university entry. The aim is to develop student capacity and provide supportive pathways into undergraduate study. The Lecturer, Enabling Programs (STEM) makes a significant contribution to the teaching and academic implementation of the program in the STEM disciplines.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will have:
- PhD and a demonstrated record of achievement as an educator in a STEM discipline
- Evidence of design, development and delivery of online educational content
- Demonstrated capacity to successfully engage online and face to face with diverse students across a broad spectrum of learning needs
- Demonstrated ability to manage administration activities associated with the academic elements of a program
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 20th May 2018
Position Enquiries: Dr. Carolyn O’Dwyer Tel: +61 (02) 6024 9772 Email: C.ODwyer@latrobe.edu.au
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 556690 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Melbourne
- Permanent General Engineering Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Melbourne