National Health and Medical Research Council Postdoctoral Research Officer
- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Fixed term contract available for 12 months
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing. University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences is one of five faculties at the University of Adelaide. Comprised of five schools and a number of disciplines, research centres and institutes, the faculty is focused on education excellence and innovative research in the health sciences.
Programs taught out of the faculty train medical practitioners: surgeons, dentists, nurses and psychologists and other health professionals. The faculty boasts one of the largest concentrations of leading researchers, academic teachers and clinical titleholders working across the areas of health.
The Adelaide Medical School encompasses the disciplines of General Practice, Medical Sciences, Medical Specialities, Paediatrics and Reproductive health, Rural Health and Surgical Specialties. It is one of five schools in the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and is made up of academics, researchers and clinical titleholders.
The Lung Research Group located at the Royal Adelaide Hospital covers a broad range of critical areas of Lung Disease and is made up of the Chronic Airways Inflammation Laboratory, Gene and Cell Therapy / Pulmonary Vascular Disease Laboratory, Interventional Pulmonology / Lung Cancer Laboratory and Lung Transplant Laboratory.
Funded from an NHMRC project grant this role will assist in the development of engineered cell and exosome therapy for pulmonary vascular disease.
Salary: (Level A) $67,894 - $91,425 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 9.5% applies.
Term of position: This fixed-term contract is available immediately for 12 months.
To be successful you should have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent experience in pulmonary disease, especially pulmonary vascular disease
- Demonstrated high quality research including national and international publications and presentations
- A track record of peer reviewed research based publications in areas directly related to pulmonary vascular disease, especially in regards to BMPR2 pathways
- A track record of competitive grant acquisition in relevant areas.
- High level competence in physiological assessment in rodents including cardiac catheterisation in rats and mice.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment
- Competency in the use of computer software and experience in MS-Office software tools
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Prof Paul Reynolds, Clinical Professor, email: email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/498598/nhmrc-postdoctoral-research-officer
Please note if the position description/selection criteria link is not appearing, you will need to view on another device.
Closing date: 11.55 pm, Sunday, 20 May 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Clinical, Pre-clinical & Health Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Life sciences Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Medicine & Dentistry Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide
- Fixed Term Other Health & Social Care Research Assistants / Officers jobs in Adelaide