Research Fellow in Robotic Vision
7 days left
- Full Time
Classification: ANU Academic Level B
Salary Package: $96,087 to $109,181 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full Time, Continuing Contingent Funded (CCF), Initial appointment for 2 years with possible extension
Multiple Research Fellow Positions Available in Robotic Vision at the ANU
The Australian Centre for Robotic Vision (ACRV) is a world-leading research centre with a mission to develop new robotic vision technologies that expand the capabilities of robots today and into the future. The centre has established a vibrant international robotic vision community in partnership with our four Australian universities (QUT, ANU, University of Adelaide and Monash), CSIRO and five international organizations (Oxford University, Imperial College London, INRIA, ETH Zurich and Georgia Tech).
The Australian National University (ANU) node of the ACRV is looking to hire up to seven postdoctoral researchers (Research Fellows) to join our dynamic team of academics, researchers, engineers and students. Positions are available for two years starting 2018 and come with generous travel and research funds. As a Research Fellow at the ANU node of the ACRV you will work with internationally renowned academics Prof. Rob Mahony, Prof. Richard Hartley, A/Prof. Hongdong Li and A/Prof. Stephen Gould on one or more of the following topics:
- Aerial Robotics: Develop, implement and deploy algorithms for visual control of aerial robots.
- Humans, Robots and Actions: Develop the ability for robots to recognize and anticipate human actions from visual input that facilitates human-robot interaction in uncontrolled environments.
- Robotic Manipulation: Advance the state-of-the-art in robotic manipulation based on visual feedback and control.
- Language and Vision: Research and develop models for visually-grounded conversations between and human and autonomous agent for the purpose of carrying out some complex robotic task.
- Semantic, Geometric and Dynamic Vision: Research and develop new methods and algorithms for robots to operate in dynamic environments to perform 3D visual reconstruction, SLAM navigation, semantic scene understanding and manipulation.
Successful applicants must have a PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related discipline, and the following skills and experience:
- A strong research profile in computer vision or robotics as evidenced by peer-reviewed conference and journal publications.
- Proven ability to undertake independent research as well as collaborate with other local and international researchers, including ability to supervise and mentor PhD students.
- Excellent technical communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong mathematical and programming skills, and knowledge of state-of-the-art tools and techniques in computer vision and robotics (including deep learning).
- Desire to travel and collaborate with other nodes within the Australian Centre for Robotic Vision as well as other national and international research labs.
Many of our previous Research Fellows and PhD students have gone on to successful research careers in academia and industry, and continue to collaborate with the ACRV. If you’re looking to establish yourself as a world-class researcher in robotic vision why not apply?
Prof. Rob Mahony (email@example.com)
Prof. Richard Hartley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A/Prof. Hongdong Li (email@example.com)
A/Prof. Stephen Gould (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 31 May 2018
Position description: Position Description - LevelB - ACRV.pdf
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Research Fellowships jobs in Canberra
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Canberra
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Research Fellowships jobs in Canberra
- Permanent Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Canberra
- Permanent General Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Canberra