Research Support Administrator
School of Medical Sciences
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The School of Medical Sciences (SoMS) is the largest School within UNSW Medicine, and one of the largest at UNSW. The School is based largely within the Wallace Wurth (Medicine) Building on the Kensington campus, and includes the UNSW Lifestyle Clinic on High Street, Randwick.
About the role
- $71K-$80K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading)
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Research Support Administrator provides support to the School Manager in the administration of research operations, research data management and related administrative support. The primary focus of this role is to work with the School Manager to coordinate and deliver a range of administrative tasks in support of the School’s researchers, including Higher Degree Researchers (HDRs) and Postgraduate Research students.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders from diverse groups and backgrounds at all levels
- demonstrate IT / research data management knowledge and competency in a range of computing programs
- demonstrate ability to identify, analyse and solve administrative problems to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes
- have experience in research administration, or an equivalent level of knowledge and competency gained through any other combination of education, training and/or experience
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Kristie Leavai, School Manager, School of Medical Sciences
T: (61 2) 9385 3799
Applications close: 18 May 2018