WIL Community Engagement Officer
4 days left
- Full Time
Student Experience Unit
UNSW Business School
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The Student Experience is the UNSW Business School’s central hub for engagement and support for students and alumni. As a ‘One-stop-shop’, we drive a seamless pathway for our students ranging from discovery and enquiry through to graduation and beyond.
About the role
- Level 6 $83K-$89K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term, 18 Months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The WIL Community Engagement Officer is part of the work-integrated-learning team within the Business School and is focused on increasing student engagement in professional development and career focused initiatives for Business School students.
In this role you will:
- In conjunction with the WIL Industry Engagement Manager and WIL Program Manager, plan, develop and execute a community engagement strategy that will increase visibility, awareness and participation in WIL activities by students, industry and alumni.
- Support the implementation of WIL preparation and placement initiatives by creating and sourcing promotional content for use across multiple platforms.
- Deliver presentations to stakeholders to increase understanding of WIL opportunities.
About the successful applicant
You will have experience in relationship management of diverse stakeholder groups with a strong track record in the delivery of successful outcomes. You will use your energy and enthusiasm to engage with stakeholders in a meaningful way to ensure Business School students are able to be empowered through career focused education.
Specific requirements include:
- Superior communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write content for mass communication and to effectively deliver public presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs focused on specific outcomes that engage multiple stakeholders in either the public or private sectors.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and to work under pressure, with minimum supervision and on multiple tasks.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to contact listed.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Blair Slater, WIL Industry Engagement Manager, UNSW Business School
T: +61 (2) 9385 4415
Applications close: 11:59 pm, May 27, 2018