Nicholas Hoogenraad Fellow in Molecular Sciences
- Full-time, Fixed term contract for 3 years
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The La Trobe Institute of Molecular Sciences (LIMS) brings together the University’s leading scientists to create new levels of collaboration and a multi-disciplinary approach to drive innovation and produce translatable research outcomes. The Institute's vision is achieved through excellence in six areas of research strength: cancer, infection and immunity, neurobiology, molecular design, molecular imaging and molecular sensing.
About the position
The Nicholas Hoogenraad Fellowship in Molecular Sciences was first awarded in 2015 named in honour of Professor Hoogenraad who was Head of the School of Molecular Sciences from 2000 and founding Director of LIMS. The Research Fellow will carry out internationally competitive research in one or more of the Institute’s six areas of research strength. You will establish your own laboratory and research directions in your chosen field and seek funding to support their research.
Successful candidates will have up to 8 years of relevant postdoctoral experience and will be seeking to establish a long-term career at the La Trobe Institute of Molecular Science. The fellowships are expected to predict success in obtaining a nationally competitive fellowship, or an academic appointment at La Trobe University.
Successful applications will contain clear evidence of internationally competitive research excellence with a strong potential for candidates to become self-directed independent researchers. The candidate's record will be judged relative to opportunity, taking into account career interruptions for family commitments or other reasons.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualification.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise, or co-supervise, Honours, Masters and/or PhD students.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposal submissions to external funding bodies and evidence of success in securing research funding.
- Evidence of engagement in professional activities and/or of contributions to technical achievement.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 27th May 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Andrew Hill, email@example.com, +61 3 9479 1224.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Biological Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Bundoora
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Bundoora
- Fixed Term Life sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Bundoora
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Research Fellowships jobs in Bundoora
- Fixed Term Chemistry Research Fellowships jobs in Bundoora