Application Support Analyst
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) is a portfolio within the Information Technology Services (ITS) section. EBS has a large services portfolio across the University’s enterprise applications, incorporating application support, software development and integration, business intelligence and project management. This position is part of the Application Services Group within EBS.
The Application Support Analyst provides 2nd tier support, systems administration, advice and training to clients and users of a range of complex business, administration and learning and teaching systems and services provided by EBS, across all the University’s campuses.
In the role you will:
- Administer and provide support and training for UTAS enterprise information systems, conforming to EBS processes (ITIL).
- Fulfil, manage, report on and monitor service requests from ITS clients in a timely manner and to a very high standard of quality.
- Provide quality, timely and accurate advice for EBS clients and system users on all aspects of information system usage, administration and support issues.
- Contribute actively to the planning, design, development and continuous improvement of the EBS services portfolio, in consultation with EBS clients, system users and ITS staff
- Undertake service transition and operation activities and processes within the ITS and EBS services portfolio. This includes, but is not limited to: incident and problem management, change management and release management.
- Liaise and work with external vendors for evaluations, installations or upgrades, and ensure adherence to EBS change and release management processes.
- As directed, design and develop reports and conduct analysis on service performance to support planning and continuous improvement of the EBS services portfolio.
- Proactively prepare and maintain accurate and high-quality training, system, administration and user documentation and materials.
- As directed, undertake other activities to support EBS and ITS initiatives
Based in either Hobart or Launceston you will be employed on a full-time ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A degree or associate diploma in information technology (or related discipline) with subsequent relevant experience in software management and support; or an equivalent combination of related experience and/or training/education.
- Demonstrated experience in the administration and support of enterprise information systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident, problem, change and release management.
- Highly developed conceptual and analytical skills, with proven experience in analysis, design and documentation of business processes and procedures relating to information systems.
- Experience in IT project management methodologies
- Experience in development and delivery of training programs and material for both technical and non-technical staff.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in liaising with a range of stakeholders and external organisations, including the ability to negotiate solutions and timelines and achieve consensus on outcomes.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $95,962 comprising base salary within the range of $75,022 to $82,019 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position please contact Hilary Soloff, Manager, Application Services, Hilary.Soloff@utas.edu.au / 03 6226 1518. Applications should be submitted via the University of Tasmania website.
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 21 May 2018.