Assistant Athletic Director for Ticket Sales and Operations
Description of Work Unit
The Colorado State University Department of Athletics sponsors 16 men’s and women’s intercollegiate sports and competes as a member of the NCAA Division I-FBS and the Mountain West Conference. The University is located in Fort Collins, Colorado, 65 miles north of Denver. More information on the University and its intercollegiate athletics program can be found at www.csurams.com and www.colostate.edu.
Position is responsible for the direction, leadership and supervision of the daily operations and sales efforts of the Athletic Ticket Offices in the McGraw Athletic Center and, effective Fall 2017, the new football stadium. Position has primary responsibility for the sport of football. Position supervises ticket operations manager and works closely with the Aspire Ticket Sales Team.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Business, Marketing, Management, HPER, HES, Sports Management, Public Relations, Recreation, Education, Economics, Liberal Arts, Communications, Sociology or any other field related to responsibilities and duties
- Minimum of three years of intercollegiate athletic ticket office experience required
- Minimum of two years of management/operations/supervisory experience required
- Experience with both NCAA Div. I football and basketball required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to consistently produce work significantly free of errors
- Strong public relations skills
- Ability to shape and lead a team
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays and travel
- Reflecting departmental and institutional values, candidates are expected to have the ability to advance the Department’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Personal or professional commitment to diversity as demonstrated by persistent effort, active planning, allocation of resources and/or accountability for diversity outcomes.
Job Duty Category Administrative Duty/Responsibility
- Direct, lead and supervise daily operations and sales efforts
- Provide direction to full-time staff and assist in their supervision of part-time interns, event workers and student and non-student hourly staff
- Ensure adequate ticket office staffing for all hours of operation, including high-impact events and post-season events
- Ensure adequate in-venue staffing for all home ticketed events and away events as required
- Develop and implement plans for ticket sales solicitation mailings
- Coordinate game day ticket operations and management of game day event staff
- Assist with administering and maintaining the Athletic Department ticketing system (Paciolan, StubHub, etc.)
- Administer and maintain the Athletic Department ticketing system (Paciolan, StubHub, etc.)
- Prepare ticket sales reports and maintain accurate sales and revenue records
- Maintain all ticket office records in audit-ready format
- Work collaboratively with Development/Donor Relations staff to ensure donor fulfillment and satisfaction
Percentage Of Time 45
Job Duty Category Customer Service Duty/Responsibility
- Direct, lead and supervise the development and delivery of customer service
- Direct, lead and supervise the implementation of annual goals and strategies for direct customer sales using effective database marketing techniques
- Establish and monitor procedures for the sale and distribution of athletic tickets in accordance with University, NCAA and conference policies
- Deliver error-free work with a strong focus on customer service
- Work collaboratively with University entities including, but not limited to, Alumni Relations, University Advancement, President’s Office, External Relations, Business and Financial Services, Internal Auditing, Associated Students of CSU, etc.
Percentage Of Time 25
Job Duty Category Sales Duty/Responsibility
- Be responsible for the processing and controlling of all athletic department ticket revenue transactions including accountability for approximately $4 million in ticket sales annually
- Assist the Senior Associate AD in the preparation of ticket sales campaigns and finalizing ticket prices
- Assist the Senior Associate AD in evaluating new ticket sales technology, new customer fulfillment technology and integration with current systems.
- Maximize customer and donor recruitment/sales
- Maximize client retention
- Serve as the department’s primary liaison to the Aspire Ticket Sales Team
Percentage Of Time 30
Colorado State University is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Colorado State University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. The Office of Equal Opportunity is located in 101 Student Services.
The Title IX Coordinator is the Executive Director of the Office of Support and Safety Assessment, 123 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523 -2026, (970) 491-7407.
The Section 504 and ADA Coordinator is the Associate Vice President for Human Capital, Office of Equal Opportunity, 101 Student Services Building, Fort Collins, CO 80523-0160, (970) 491-5836.
Background Check Policy Statement
Colorado State University (CSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, CSU conducts background checks. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Employment and Appeal Rights
If you receive notice that you have been eliminated from consideration for the position, you may protest the action by filing an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the date you receive notice of the elimination. Also, if you wish to challenge the selection and comparative analysis process, you may file an appeal with the State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director within 10 days from the receipt of notice or knowledge of the action you are challenging.
Refer to Chapters 4 and 8 of the State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures, 4 CCR 801, for more information about the appeals process. The State Personnel Board Rules and Personnel Director’s Administrative Procedures are available at www.colorado.gov/spb.
A standard appeal form is available at: www.colorado.gov/spb. If you appeal, your appeal must be submitted in writing on the official appeal form, signed by you or your representative, and received at the following address within 10 days of your receipt of notice or knowledge of the action: Colorado State Personnel Board/State Personnel Director, Attn: Appeals Processing, 1525 Sherman Street, 4th Floor, Denver, CO 80203. Fax: 303-866-5038. Phone: 303-866-3300. The ten-day deadline and these appeal procedures also apply to all charges of discrimination.