Innovation Manager in Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities
The Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre) is seeking to expand the team and is therefore searching for an Innovation Manager. The position will be placed close to the centre management and the main responsibility of the Innovation Manager is to coordinate and further develop the innovation activities within the centre. An important part of the position consists of close contact and collaboration with the user partners in ZEN. The candidate will also be responsible for the implementation and follow-up of the ZEN Centre's innovation strategy and plans.
Information about the Centre
The Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre) is a Centre for Environment-friendly Energy Research (FME) funded by the Research Council of Norway and the consortium partners. The main objective of the ZEN Centre is to develop knowledge, competitive products and solutions that will lead to realization of sustainable buildings and neighbourhoods that have zero emissions of greenhouse gases related to their production, operation and transformation.
The FME status enables long-term research in close collaboration with trade and industry, and should boost innovation and value creation both for companies and public institutions participating in the centre's activities. The composition of the consortium is vital to enable the transition to a low carbon society by developing sustainable neighbourhoods with zero greenhouse gas emissions. The research is carried out in six work packages (WPs): WP1 Analytical framework for design and planning of zero emission neighbourhoods, WP2 Policy measures, innovation and business models, WP3 Responsive and energy efficient buildings, WP4 Energy flexible neighbourhoods, WP5 Local energy system optimization within a larger system, and WP6 Pilot projects and living labs.
More information about the ZEN Centre can be found at www.fmezen.no.
Further information can be obtained from Professor Arild Gustavsen, ZEN Centre Director at NTNU. Contact information: E-mail Arild.Gustavsen@ntnu.no and phone +47 99363674.
Work description - Transforming knowledge into benefit
The innovation manager’s most important responsibility is to realize more of the innovation potential in research and research collaboration.
You will have a position in the discipline of innovation, in which key responsibilities will be to:
- Explore research results in depth to identify and realize ideas for potential innovations
- Help to increase innovative activity with clusters, centres and strategic areas of focus as a starting point
- Realize research-based innovation together with partners
- Further develop a culture of innovation and work methods in the discipline of innovation in our academic communities
- Increase the visibility of innovation activity in our academic communities and collaborative partners
Participate in relevant strategic arenas
You will be a door-opener for new opportunities for cooperation, working with leading expert communities the ZEN Centre connected to NTNU and SINTEF and in a team with other innovation managers.
You will have an opportunity to develop unique expertise and will be an important contributor to realizing NTNU’s strategy and mission.
Requirements for the position
You must have
- Documented experience in research and/or innovation
- Completed education in a relevant field for the ZEN Centre (e.g. energy use in buildings, zero emission building and neighbourhood concepts, smart cities, building materials, performance assessment methods) at least at master’s level, or equivalent documented prior learning and work experience. Doctoral skills may be an advantage.
- Academic expertise in relevant areas
- Sound knowledge of Norwegian business and industry as well as public policy and funding programmes for research and innovation
- Good written and oral skills in Norwegian or other Scandinavian language, and English
We are looking for candidates who
- Have the ability to create results and stimulate new activity
- Understand the importance of research-based innovation and have excellent business and market insight
- Have strong strategic skills and are capable of structuring complex problem formulations
- Have good communication skills, both oral and written, and can work effectively together with people from diverse disciplinary backgrounds and affiliation
- Create contacts and help to strengthen a culture of innovation
- Can work both independently and in teams
- Have a talent for inspiring confidence and building relationships
Great emphasis will be placed on personal suitability in the selection process.
Salary and conditions of employment
This is an academic position placed in code 1108 or 1109 (researcher). Remuneration will be based on seniority and qualifications. Normally remunerated between NOK 500 000 - 800 000. A deduction of 2 % is made as a statutory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The position is permanent, with funding for three years from NTNU’s Strategic Programme for Knowledge-Based Innovation.
The appointment is subject to the conditions in effect at any time for government employees.
The person appointed must comply with decisions on changes resulting from developments in the subject area, and the organizational changes that may result from decisions regarding the university’s activities.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. NTNU is an Inclusive Working Life (IA) enterprise. We especially encourage women to apply.
Applications must be submitted electronically through this page in either Norwegian or English. Relevant certificates must be submitted electronically and copies of diplomas and certificates will be required from those candidates who are invited for an interview.
Application should be marked: Innovation Manager ZEN - 18/8056
Application deadline: May 21, 2018.
In accordance with new regulations, public information concerning the applicant will be made public even if the applicant has requested not to be included on the list of applicants.
About this job
- Deadline Monday, May 21, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service The Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhood
- Jobbnorge ID 150778
- Internal ID 18/8056
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!