WIL Senior Industry Officer, Domestic
Student Experience Unit
UNSW Business School
- One of the Asia-Pacific’s leading research intensive Universities
- Strong regional and global engagement
- Cutting edge facilities and equipment
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Business School is a leader in business education and research in the Asian region and one of the largest Business Schools in Australia with more than 15,000 students, 500 academic and professional staff and more than 80,000 alumni and partners. The Business School offers a full suite of business degree programs at undergraduate, postgraduate, coursework and research levels, including the AGSM MBA programs and a range of Executive Programs. Its direction is guided by a business advisory council of leading CEOs, chairpersons and other business leaders.
The Student Experience is the UNSW Business School’s central hub for engagement and support for students and alumni. As a ‘One-stop-shop’, we drive a seamless pathway for our students ranging from discovery and enquiry through to graduation and beyond.
About the role
- $91K-$99K plus (9.5% superannuation and leave loading)
- Fixed Term, 24 Months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Senior Industry Officer (Domestic) is part of the work-integrated-learning team within the Business School and is focused on supporting employability and work-integrated-learning programs for Business School students.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain internship and work-integrated-learning programs for UNSW Business School students in Australia and overseas, in consultation with the WIL Industry Engagement Manager and WIL Program Manager.
- Identify and engage with appropriate domestic companies and organisations to partner with the Business School for the provision of work-integrated-learning opportunities and implementation of the faculty WIL strategy.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to increase the number of Business School students participating in work-integrated-learning during their time at UNSW.
About the successful applicant
You will have an understanding of emerging trends in WIL and appreciation of best practice offerings domestic and international. Your passion for empowering students through career focused education will play an important role in your industry engagement to ensuring quality experiences for students.
Specific requirements include:
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to and implementation of strategy in support of a complex objectives and competing priorities.
- Proven success in relationship management, stakeholder engagement or business development with ability to exercise independent judgement and problem solving with the ability to resolve and address issues as they arise.
- Ability to manage programs focused on specific outcomes that engage multiple stakeholders.
You should systematically address the selection criteria in your application. Please apply online – applications will not be accepted if sent to contact listed.
You may be required to undergo pre-employment checks prior to appointment to this role.
Blair Slater, WIL Industry Engagement Manager, UNSW Business School
T: +61 (2) 9385 4415
Applications close: 11:59 May 27, 2018