Associate Lecturer, Centre for Arab and Islamic Studies
Classification: Level A, Academic
Salary package: $70,107 - $88, 446 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, fixed term (3 years, with a possibile renewal) Position overview
The Centre for Arab & Islamic Studies (The Middle East and Central Asia) offers undergraduate and graduate courses in various aspects of the politics, history, culture, political economy, international relations and languages of the Muslim Middle East and Central Asia, and the role of Islam in these regions, as well as supervision for PhD and MA students.
The appointee to this position will teach Turkish language, initially at introductory and intermediate levels, and offer related courses in Turkish culture, history and politics. He/she may also be required to offer tailored courses as required by various organisations in the public and private sectors, and to make substantial contribution to the research and teaching in the field of her/his expertise at national and international levels.
The ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences (CASS) is the largest single College of seven Colleges at ANU. The College, which is structured into two main research schools, offers degrees in more than 20 discipline areas and excels in research across the creative arts, humanities and social sciences. The College has a substantial international research presence and is a major source of national policy advice. Our academic staff are internationally recognised for their research, and 57 are members of the Australian Academy of the Humanities, the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia, or both. We also host 13 Australian Research Council Future Fellows and three ARC Laureates. A hub of vibrant activity, we host more than 270 lectures, concerts and exhibitions each year, most of which are open to the public. Our students, staff and graduates come from more than 60 nations, bringing a diversity of perspective to campus life.
Enquiries: Rachel Larobina T: 02 6125 4982 E: email@example.com
Closing date: 2 July 2018
Position description: Turkish Lecturer Documentation.docx
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on firstname.lastname@example.org
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion Application information In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term History, Philosophy & Theology Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Politics & International Studies Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Canberra