Director of Human Resources
On behalf of the Vice Chancellor provide FNU with strategic leadership in all human capital related matters as the University evolves its culture and processes from start-up phase towards becoming a mature, high performing institution.
He/ she will direct all of the people functions and be responsible for the strategic human resource planning required to drive organizational effectiveness and provide the institution with the best people talent available and to position it as the employer of choice in Fiji.
This will be achieved by being aware of the best practice policies and trends within the higher education industry and implementing appropriate best practice at FNU.
Functional expertise will be achieved in compensation and benefits, learning and development, talent resourcing, employee relations, performance management and change management.
In addition, the risk management, insurance, business continuity planning and safety functions will be integrated and professionalized in order that FNU provides its students and staff will a safe and low risk environment in which to work and reside.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the Vice Chancellor and the Senior Management Group of deans and directors on strategic / HR matters by providing strategic advice and direction to colleagues and staff across the university.
- Be an active participant in setting the strategic direction of FNU and building HR strategies that support the achievement of its aims and objectives.
- Lead in managing major organisational change processes that are required to invigorate FNU’s institutional culture and deliver on its strategic objectives.
- Provide leadership of the HR function, including compensation and benefits, professional development, organisational development, risk management and a college-based HR business partners.
- Review and improve the effectiveness of HR processes and procedures and reform / rebuild existing processes to deliver more effective outcomes for the institution.
- Devise a progressive HR policy structure that is appropriate to FNU’s evolution towards becoming a high-performing organisation.
This challenging senior executive role requires demonstrated managerial and leadership experience in human resource management and organisational development in a large, complex organisation. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a commitment to building an organisational culture that encourages innovation, a customer-centred responsiveness to national and regional stakeholder needs and integrity and trust.
Bachelor’s degree and relevant postgraduate qualification in Human Resources Management.
Demonstrable experience in providing outstanding organizational/ HR leadership, including:
- The capacity to develop and implement strategy and to initiate and implement change in a complex, multicultural environment.
- The ability to identify and assess appropriate opportunities and partnerships to strengthen the resource base and reputation of the organization.
- Experience in effective management of human resources and financial resources; including compensation and benefits, staff planning, learning and development, recruitment and performance management and a sound knowledge of business principles.
- The capacity to work across organizational boundaries to achieve agreed corporate outcomes.
- Qualifications: Master’s degree in Human Resources and membership of a relevant professional body (eg, Fiji Human Resources Institute).
- Knowledge of tertiary education: An understanding of contemporary tertiary education issues and the implications of these on portfolio responsibilities and more broadly for the management of universities. Awareness of the context of tertiary education in the Pacific. A demonstrable commitment to the importance of both post-secondary technical and vocational education, as well as higher education.
Previous applicants can re-apply if they are still interested.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may have, please contact:
Katriona Williams, Principal HR Officer, Division of Human Resources
Tel: + (679) 3394000 ext. 2638, Email: email@example.com.
An attractive salary commensurate with qualifications and abilities will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: waf.fnu.ac.fj/eoi/
Incomplete applications will not be considered, therefore your submission as a complete application must include:
- Cover letter with Job Ref. No. and Position
- Detailed CV with at least contacts of 3 referees
- Certified academic credentials & transcripts
Should you have any queries, please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Office of the Vice Chancellor
Department of Administration
Nasinu - Valelevu