Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology
School of Life and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Science
- Lecturer/Senior Lecturer position in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology at The University of Sydney
- Full-time, Continuing Employment, Camperdown Location
- Academic Level B/C, Base Salary: $102,013 p.a. - $124,962 p.a. plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation. Visa sponsorship is available if required.
About the opportunity
Applications are invited for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology to join our School of Life and Environmental Sciences team, in the area of Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology at the University of Sydney. The University is highly ranked and has world-class people and infrastructure in the area of life sciences research. New initiatives under way in the basic biomedical sciences will provide additional opportunities for candidates who work in this area.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we seek to recruit talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence and are seeking to recruit for a Lecturer in Biochemistry, Cellular and Molecular Biology role within the School of Life and Environmental Sciences. You will need to have the following:
- PhD in Biochemistry or a related discipline
- Demonstrated track record of high-quality research
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly collegial outlook
- Ability to develop and deliver undergraduate lectures and practical classes in the area of biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology in an enthusiastic, engaging and effective manner
- Strong ability in scientific writing
- Innovative ideas for your future research program
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has worked to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 741/0418C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 22 May 2018 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Camperdown
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Camperdown
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Camperdown
- Permanent Chemistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Camperdown