1 day left
- Full Time
Location 62200 Putrajaya, MY
Organization Name Heriot Watt University Malaysia Sdn Bhd
About Heriot-Watt University
Heriot-Watt University has five campuses: three in the UK (Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Orkney), one in Dubai and one in Malaysia. The University offers a highly distinctive range of degree programmes in the specialist areas of science, engineering, design, business and languages.
With a history dating back to 1821, Heriot-Watt University has established a reputation for world-class teaching and practical, leading-edge research, which has made it one of the top UK universities for business and industry.
We connect with industry at every level and develop programmes to match their needs – so employers get work-ready industry-fit graduates.
Heriot-Watt is also Scotland's most international university, boasting the largest international student cohort.
We have an established set of values that help us to nurture innovation and leadership, and show our commitment to continuous improvement and development in all our activities.
For full details on our University please view our Careers at Heriot-Watt http://www.hw.ac.uk/about/careers-at-heriot-watt.htm
About our Team
Heriot-Watt University Malaysia Sdn Bhd (HWUM) is a UK university campus based in Putrajaya, Malaysia. HWUM is the second international campus of Heriot-Watt University ("HWU") which is a leading research-intensive UK university, specialising in science, technology, engineering, business, languages, textiles and design. With an international reputation for scientific and technological excellence, the University is truly global in scope and scale with a campus in Dubai, three campuses in Scotland and over 150 partners world-wide.
The University's Malaysian campus currently has up to 1800 students and has just opened a stunning new, eco-friendly, lakeside campus with a capacity of 4,000. It already offers a range of programmes including Foundation Programmes and Undergraduate programmes such as Business, Engineering, Construction, Actuarial Science and more. It also offers Postgraduate degrees in Energy, Petroleum Engineering, Construction, Business Psychology and Business. This portfolio will grow over the next few years as new programmes are launched.
With state-of-the-art learning resources and teaching spaces, the Putrajaya campus was designed as a dynamic and stimulating place to study amidst a lakeside setting, boasting an exceptional range of facilities for student life. The campus houses a variety of informal study spaces, an extensive library and features easy access to IT facilities with wireless Internet connectivity throughout. Heriot-Watt University Malaysia employs the same UK-styled student-centred approach to learning, which means, students develop independence, self-discipline and analytical skills sought after by employers.
At HWUM, students have access to a British style and quality of education in Malaysia. Learning outcomes and standards are identical across all campuses which enables students to transfer between campuses.
HWUM is fully licensed by the Ministry of Higher Education and is officially recognised by the Malaysian Government as an Entry Point Project - contributing to the country's Economic Transformation Programme (ETP) - as part of a comprehensive effort that will transform Malaysia into a high-income nation by 2020.
The post holder will provide counselling and information to prospective students and/or their parents on all programmes offered by the University.
The post holder will participate in various marketing activities, internationally and nationally, and will work with active University's partners/agents to promote the programmes.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Provide counselling and careful explanation (face-to face or via other media) on education guidance to prospective students and/or their parents and ensuring such experience is positive and satisfactory.
2. Organise resources that lead to achieving recruitment targets set by the Management.
3. Contribute and execute marketing plan and its related activities to drive student recruitment.
4. Plan, prioritize, coordinate and attend schools visits, exhibitions, roadshows and other outreach activities of the University.
5. Implement all school marketing events in accordance to the University branding standards.
6. Support assigned agents, school/colleges counsellors and other stakeholders. Contributes to the work of the team and helping to coordinate work to meet deadlines.
7. Build and maintain standard day to day relationships with relevant stakeholders.
8. Monitor competitors' activities, materials and programmes
9. Leads generation and conversion.
10. Plan and execute student recruitment related campaign.
11. Ensure that all marketing and promotional materials are well-stocked and up-to-date.
12. Provide training, guidance and mentor new executives.
13. Lead on projects for student recruitment - including outreach activities, lead engagement & campus events - leading to student recruitment.
14. Assist managers in data collection, compilation and reporting.
15. Assist in the development of marketing & communications materials for student recruitment.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post and its general responsibilities. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
How To Apply
Due to Malaysian Immigration restrictions, we regret that this position is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Malaysia.
Applications should be submitted to iRecruit system.
Applications must be submitted by 13th May 2018. If you are not contacted by the selection committee by 31st May 2018 then please assume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
The University is committed to equality of opportunity.
Amount of Travel Moderate Travel