Lecturer - Arts Management
LASALLE College of the Arts is at the leading edge of contemporary arts education in Asia and works in close partnership with GOLDSMITHS, University of London, which validates its degree programmes and collaborates on teaching exchanges and research initiatives. It has set an agenda for excellence to bring the College to the forefront of international arts pedagogy, practice and research.
LECTURER (ARTS MANAGEMENT)
LASALLE’s Arts Management Programmes are dynamic and interdisciplinary, incorporating a national, regional and international outlook and a commitment to energizing academic inquiry in the field. We run a BA(Hons) Arts Management and an MA Arts and Cultural Management programme, which aim to develop highly skilled professional arts managers with leadership qualities and a strong commitment to the arts. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in the theory and practice of Arts Management and Cultural Policy. The ideal candidate will possess practical arts management and teaching experience, with an international perspective of the subject and a commitment to research.
Reporting to the Head, School of Creative Industries and the relevant Programme Leaders, you will be predominantly responsible for teaching, research and development of arts management modules in both BA and MA programmes, including supervision of student theses and projects. You will be a team player, possess good interpersonal skills, and be willing to advise and mentor students.
In addition to teaching and scholarly activities, and involvement in programme administration, your key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare and teach modules, using an appropriate range of modes of delivery and methods to meet aims and learning outcomes
- Undertake continuous assessment of student progress and performance and contribute to assessment methodologies and mechanisms
- Mentor and supervise students in their research projects, in addition to assisting in the development of student research skills
- Proactively contribute to curriculum development, programme review and validation of programme, and maintaining consistent quality assurance standards
- Undertake academic administration duties such as semester/lesson planning, monitoring of student attendance records, internal and external reporting, and project management, when required
- Establish links with academic institutions of higher learning, related industries and/or professional bodies in relation to recent advances in teaching, curriculum development and/or research, where appropriate
- Postgraduate qualification, preferably at PhD level or equivalent, in Arts Management or a relevant discipline with substantive research
- At least 5 years of tertiary-level teaching experience in a practice-based arts institution or at least 5 years of postgraduate experience in teaching and research mentorship
- Proven track record with preferably at least 4 years of full-time professional experience in arts management
- Good knowledge of the academic framework of higher education, including quality assurance
- Ability to mentor/supervise student research projects
- Good pastoral care skills in relating to issues concerning students and providing the necessary support
- Possess excellent communication, organisational and team working skills and academic administration skills
- A positive attitude to research, and preferably a personal research profile
Please submit your letter of interest, curriculum vitae listing current and expected salary, and a recent passport-sized photograph, indicating clearly the position for which you are applying, by e-mail to: email@example.com before closing date 26 May 2018 or in writing (stating the position clearly on the envelope) to:
Director - Division of Human Resources
LASALLE College of the Arts
1 McNally Street, Singapore 187940
Information on the institution and the position advertised above can be found at www.lasalle.edu.sg
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.