Lecturer in Criminology
- Continuing, Full Time
- School of Business and Law
- CQUniversity Townsville
- Relocation assistance may be available
- Total Remuneration $111,790 to $132,754 pa (inclusive of cash salary of $94,743 to $112,510 plus 17% superannuation and leave loading)
If you are committed to teaching, engaging and developing students, we want to hear from you.
A unique opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and engaging Lecturer in Criminology to lead, develop and maintain the growth of the Criminology programs offered in our School of Business and Law. You will have opportunity to access significant employee benefits and the potential to join one of the fastest growing disciplines at CQUniversity Australia.
Your New Location:
Make your move to a tropical climate!
Enjoy the stunning landscapes and relish the opportunity to reside in one of Australia’s most amazing and unforgettable locations. With unspoilt beaches and the Great Barrier Reef, Townsville is an attractive unique environment renowned nationally and internationally as a premier tourist destination.
Our presence in Townsville continues to grow, and with the now established multi-million dollar CQUniversity Townsville campus it makes working and living here an appealing choice.
Your New School:
CQUniversity’s School of Business and Law is a national multi-campus School dedicated to excellence in teaching, research, scholarship and service. By creating connections with our communities and offering personal attention, we engage our students and partners in an innovative and learner-centred environment that creates opportunities for working in the global community. The School of Business and Law offers a range of accredited programs at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that were designed with the support of experienced industry advisory boards to ensure our graduates are job-ready.
Your New Role:
You will be making significant contributions to the teaching effort of the institution in criminology units offered by the School of Business and Law and to carry out activities to maintain and develop your scholarly, research and/or professional activities relevant to the profession or discipline. You will perform assigned teaching duties with students on and off campus with a standard of planning, preparation, presentation and assessment as necessary for students to achieve unit and course objectives.
You Will Have:
- Relevant postgraduate qualification or equivalent in the discipline area.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to undertake a Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Teaching / Education.
- Understanding of current professional and educational issues in the domain.
- Proven record in scholarship and/or excellence in research, including peer-reviewed publications in international/national journals of high repute and successful research grant applications.
- Relevant PhD or near complete PhD, or equivalent in a relevant discipline area.
To begin your journey with Australia’s most engaged and inclusive University
- Go to http://www.cqu.edu.au/jobs and apply today!
- Vacancy Reference Number: 32490
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Saturday 26th May 2017
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria, Certified copies of Qualifications relevant to Position Description. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.” CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply