Phd Fellowship at the Department of Computer Science
One PhD fellowship position at the Department of Computer Science on Serious Games for Privacy (related to IKTPLUSS roject ALerT, Awareness Learning Tools for Data Sharing Everywhere).
We invite applications for one PhD fellowship at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU in Trondheim on serious games for privacy. The fellowship is connected to the IKTPLUSS project ALerT, Awareness Learning Tools for Data Sharing Everywhere. The appointment is for a term of 3 years, or 4 years with teaching duties equivalent to 25%. This is a researcher training position aimed at providing promising researcher recruits the opportunity of academic development in the form of a doctoral degree.
Information about the department
The Department of Computer Science currently employs 26 full time professors, 3 adjunct professors,41 associate professors, 16 adjunct associate professors, 18 assistant professors, 37 postdocs/researchers, approximate 90 PhD students, and 23 technical/administrative staff. Research activities are organized into groups and strategic European and National projects as documented at http://www.ntnu.edu/idi/research
The fellowship is associated with the project ALerT, financed by the NFR program IKTPLUSS. The project aims to develop tools for evoking awareness about personal information in digital environments. By using these tools, citizens will learn about what happens to their personal information, the value this information has to the commercial entities, privacy issues, and legal rights. In addition to NTNU, the project consortium includes the Norwegian Computing Center (coordinator), the Department of Psychosocial Science, University of Bergen, the Norwegian Consumer Council and Karlstad University. The PhD will be located at the Department of Computer Science, NTNU in Trondheim.
The research is expected to focus on the development and evaluation of serious games for evoking awareness on privacy. Therefore, we require a solid knowledge of serious games, learning technologies, and/or interaction design.
The research of the candidate must be aligned with the overall goals of the project. The PhD is expected to cooperate with the other members of the consortium to conduct user studies, design the games, conduct experiments, and disseminate the project results. The candidate will collaborate with other members of the project as well as national and international collaborators, and possibly supervise master theses having synergies with own research.
Applicants must have a Master’s degree in Computer Science or Informatics, with focus on Learning Technologies, Game design, HCI or equivalent. Master students in their last year are also invited to apply, employment will then be postponed until the Master degree is completed.
The candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
Applicants are expected to have excellent written and oral communication skills in English, preferably also fluency in Norwegian to conduct empirical studies. For candidates who are neither native English speakers nor from Norway, the following tests can be used as documentation for English skills:
- Academic IEL
- Cambridge CAE / CPE
Minimum scores are:
- TOEFL: 600 (paper-based test), 92 (Internet-based test)
- Academic IELTS: 6.5, with no section lower than 5.5
- CAE/CPE: grade B or A
Appointments will be made in accordance with current university regulations. The successful applicant must agree to the conditions laid down for public employees and must sign a contract regulating the starting date and duration of employment. A deduction of 2% is made from the salary as a mandatory contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
The positions adhere to the Norwegian Government’s policy of balanced ethnicity, age, and gender. NTNU wishes to increase the number of women in its workforce, and female candidates are therefore encouraged to apply.
The candidate will be required to enroll in the PhD program in Information Technology at the NTNU, and must therefore satisfy the admission requirements, see www.ntnu.edu/studies/phit for more details. In brief, the academic degree must be equivalent to at least 5 years of study, and the ECTS grade average must be A or B.
Salary and general information
The position is placed in position code 1017 Stipendiat, normally in salary range 50-57 in the Norwegian State salary scale, with gross salary NOK 436.900-490 900 per year, depending on qualifications.
We can offer:
- An informal and friendly workplace with dedicated colleagues
- Academic challenges in an international environment
- Attractive schemes for housing loan, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
The application must include
- a statement of purpose, 2-4 pages, including a short presentation of the motivation for doing research within the areas of the project; how the applicant sees his/her background suitable; the applicant’s view of research challenges within the area of the position and how the competence of the applicant can contribute to solving these challenges
- Information about education, exams and earlier experiences. Certified copies of diplomas and grade transcripts must be enclosed, and for degrees from universities outside Norway please include a diploma supplement explaining the grading system
- Documentation of relevant scientific work, if any
- Documentation of teaching experience, if any
Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
The application must be sent electronically as one combined PDF file via this page.
For further information, please contact Prof. Monica Divitini, e-mail: email@example.com
For information about processing of applications, please contact Senior Executive Officer Anne Kristin Bratseth, phone +47 73 59 67 15, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark the application IE 097-2018
Deadline for application:25.05.2018
About this job
- Deadline Friday, May 25, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 151967
- Internal ID 2018/12096
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Temporary
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Standard CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!