Teaching Fellow in Computer Science
4 days left
- Full Time
The post of Teaching Fellow will involve a significant teaching load, including during the summer period, and there may be related scholarship and the opportunity for administrative duties which relate to education and pedagogy. This post is for a fixed term of 23 months and it is not anticipated that the post will be extended beyond this fixed term.
The main responsibilities of the postholder will be:
- undertaking teaching of core modules in undergraduate and postgraduate courses in computer science;
- preparation of course materials as required (note that previous notes are expected to be available);
- assessment of student performance on these courses by setting and marking of examinations and coursework exercises;
- planning and managing their own activities in relation to delivering a high quality student experience;
- academic mentoring of students;
- contributing to the academic administration of the Department;
- membership of the Board of Studies in Computer Science;
- membership of the Board of Examiners in Computer Science.
Successful applicants will, ideally, be in post by 1st Sept. 2018