Assistant Director of Digital Philanthropy
JOIN BU’s $1.5 BILLION CAMPAIGN TEAM
If you want to join a dynamic, mission-driven team in the best college town in the U.S.—at a prestigious university that knows where it wants to go, and is competitive in its compensation and benefits—consider us. If you want to help bring a $1.5 billion-dollar campaign to a successful conclusion—and maybe do some of your best work as an advancement professional—consider joining our team.
This historic effort will depend upon a dedicated, creative, and diverse staff. Boston University’s Development and Alumni Relations’ top leadership includes outstanding individuals recruited from some of the best institutions in the world and is led by Senior Vice President Scott Nichols.
The Development Communications team is at the forefront of messaging on behalf of the Campaign for Boston University. Responsible for creating all of the content used by the advancement staff and alums, this team is award-winning for their web-design, video productions, print materials and proposal design.
Reporting to the Associate Director of New Media & Design, the Assistant Director of Digital Philanthropy plays a key role in expanding and improving the fundraising activities of BU Development & Alumni Relations using digital channels—and ensuring that BU remains a leader in this important realm. In close partnership with BU’s Development Communications and Annual Giving teams, this person will design and deploy an array of multimedia/digital products to educate, solicit, and steward donors—and ultimately increase alumni participation and philanthropic support.
A visual thinker with deep experience in Adobe Creative Cloud and multiple coding languages, the Assistant Director will use his/her abilities to leverage DAR’s print and video fundraising materials in the digital realm. The Assistant Director will be responsible for creating and maintaining online giving forms; e-invitations and e-newsletters; digital proposals; websites/microsites and banners; social media content; and other products as requested.
The Assistant Director will also support the digital marketing efforts of DAR and especially its Annual Giving team. This will include evaluating social media and web-based messaging and promotions, and making recommendations on how to improve them in response to analytics and industry trends. It will also include supporting marquee alumni participation campaigns digitally throughout the year.
Content design and maintenance:
- In collaboration with Development Communications editorial and design teams, create and maintain new and evergreen assets including online giving forms, campaign and annual giving web properties, articles, posts, social media ads, emails, and other products related to the digital user experience.
- Evaluate and update Development and Annual Giving web properties to ensure content is relevant, engaging, and accurate.
- Work with associate director of annual giving, digital programs, to promote digital content through social media and websites. Collaborate with Alumni Relations on social media content calendar to incorporate relevant giving messaging into appropriate social media channels.
- Help develop digital marketing strategy for particular fundraising initiatives, such as Giving Day and major campaign events. Support BU’s spring participation challenge by communicating with vendor(s), tracking related projects, and executing marketing promotions across all digital channels.
- Train and support Development Communications and Annual Giving team members on interactive design topics/products. Act as resource of interactive design expertise for development colleagues.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree, three to five years of increasing responsibility in a relevant design/communications field, direct experience with the use of new media tools, and expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud and coding languages including HTML and CSS are required. Experience with UX/UI design, various web and social media platforms, email marketing tools, and content management systems is preferred. Previous university or other nonprofit communication experience is desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills are required; must be able to respond to constructive feedback and to work effectively and professionally with individuals at all levels within and outside Boston University. Strong written language skills are a must, as is the ability to work under pressure and deadlines.
Play a leading role in BU’s $1.5 Billion campaign, and join us today.
Boston University is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
Job Location Boston , Massachusetts, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular