Assistant/Associate Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management
Job Title: Assistant/Associate Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management
Reports to: Chair of the Business Department
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The Department of is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Operations and Supply Chain Management. The job is located in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Rank will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and the needs of the University. It would be expected that successful candidates begin work in the Fall 2018 Semester. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
This is a full-time, 9 month, non-tenure-track position, with a three-year renewable contract. Teaching responsibilities consist of both introductory and upper-level Operations/Supply Chain Management and Statistics courses, with the potential to optionally teach graduate classes in our various Master's programs. The candidate may also teach some business administration courses. In addition to normal service activities, the successful candidate will strive to find ways to advance the student experience.
- Teach four undergraduate or graduate courses (12 credits) per term, evaluating student work and assessing student learning outcomes.
- Hold regular office hours and work with individual students, acting as academic advisor and mentor.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Assist in program and curriculum review and development.
- Contribute service to the overall development of the university.
- Remain engaged in the field through research, scholarship, creative activities and/or other forms of professional engagement.
- Foster collegiality.
- Fulfill other duties as required.
- Phd (ABD considered) in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or related fields; MBA with significant experience considered.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Publications and/or other evidence of professional engagement.
- Experience working or teaching in international, multicultural, developing and/or post-conflict settings preferred.
Preference will be given to candidates with practical experience in the industry and/or a significant teaching experience in western higher education and evidence of excellence in university teaching.
Benefits and Environment
This is an exceptional opportunity to work at a recently formed university in an emerging and rapidly changing society.
The American University of Afghanistan offers a generous benefits package that includes a competitive salary, air transportation, university-provided accommodation, and paid international health care insurance for international employees.
International faculty and staff live and work on AUAF’s 50-acre main campus or on the 5-acre campus across the street. The AUAF campuses utilize state-of-the art security infrastructure and protocols and are protected by a large professional security corps. Transportation between the adjacent campuses or to approved locations and the airport is by armored, guarded vehicles.
To apply, please send as a single PDF document: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching purpose, and contact information for three references to email@example.com. Please include “Operations and Supply Chain Management faculty position” in the subject line of the email.
AUAF follows a strict non-discriminatory policy, and applicants from all ethnic, religious and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If hired, the successful applicant is expected to provide official proof of academic degrees (transcripts sent from the degree granting school directly to AUAF).