Research Services Manager
Founded in 1890, the University of Tasmania is ranked in the top two percent of universities worldwide and in the top ten research universities in Australia. The University has a strong and distinctive Tasmanian identity which underpins teaching and research that is international in scope, vision and standards.
The Division of Research is responsible for the development and implementation of the University’s Strategic Research Plan, with a goal to rank within the top 10 Australian Universities in terms of research quality and output.
The role of the Research Hub is to support College research development activities in order to achieve research excellence and drive research outcomes for the University. The Research Services Manager is responsible for the delivery of research services, contribution to and implementation of research strategy for the College of Arts, Law and Education (CALE) and College of Business and Economics.
In the role you will:
- Responsible for operational management and leadership of the Research Hub human resources, budget, systems and business processes.
- Accountable for College pre-award research funding and publication strategy development to increase its competitive grant, contract research and consultancy income and quality publication outputs.
- Responsible for the implementation of the College research funding and publication strategy, programs, communications and best practice support services.
- Facilitate the Research Divisions service delivery of all functions to the College and academic stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile and analyse data sets, provide operational reports and expert advice.
- In collaboration with the College and Research Division stakeholders, design, facilitate and implement research development activities to support HDRs and academics achieve research excellence in funding, research management and quality research outputs.
Based in Hobart, you will be employed on a full-time, ongoing basis.
To be considered, you will have:
- A tertiary education and extensive relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering professional, client focused services to a range of stakeholders, including developing and implementing best practice programs.
- Proven experience in developing and managing a high performance team with a strong focus on meeting organisational objectives and striving for continuous improvement.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing a range of research development initiatives, including developing and implementing funding or publication strategies and plans, and support.
- High level analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated competence in the analysis of guidelines, principles or policies and providing expert advice, grantsmanship and reports.
- Highly developed interpersonal, influencing and communication skills and experience in negotiating outcomes.
- Demonstrated superior project management skills and organisational skills with a proven track record of working successfully in team and with a high degree of autonomy to meet deadlines and achieve goals.
- Extensive experience in developing and fostering high-level stakeholder relationships.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO 8 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $124,832 comprising base salary within the range of $92,385 to $106,694 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information about this position, please contact Nigel Blundell, Executive Director (Research) on telephone 03 6226 1994 or email Nigel.Blundell@utas.edu.au
**Please note, your application must as a minimum include your resume, a cover letter and your responses to the position criteria. The position description for this role is available on the University of Tasmania website.
Applications close Monday 21 May 2018