Deputy Director of the Roehampton Business School
Deputy Director of the Roehampton Business School London
Salary: (Senior Staff Band) from £61,975 p.a.
We are looking to appoint a Deputy Director to support the Director in leading and managing the work of the Roehampton Business School in developing world-class research and an outstanding educational experience for students.
Roehampton Business School’s mission is to generate internationally acclaimed research and develop ‘business ready’ graduates. We achieve this by:
- Recruiting and retaining academic staff who are, or have the potential to be, leaders in their field.
- Delivering research-inspired learning & teaching that develops knowledge, skills, the ability to think critically, innovate and act responsibly.
- Facilitating meaningful engagement with business and professional bodies and opportunities to gain relevant work experience.
- Using our international academic relationships to provide international and intercultural contexts, including the opportunity to study abroad.
- Celebrating our supportive, collaborative and diverse learning community.
- Providing accessible learning resources through purpose-built facilities.
We are looking for applicants with substantial senior management experience and with a wellrounded understanding of current business and management education, policy and thinking, and the ability to translate that into strategic and operational planning for the Business School.
The Deputy Director will work with the Director, three fellow Deputy Directors, and colleagues across the University to coordinate and create the platform to achieve successful School accreditations and lead our work with collaborative partners. The Deputy Director will engage at a senior level with accreditation bodies, professional bodies and academic partners and contribute to building our national and international profile.
This is an exciting time for the University; our new £35m state-of-the art library has just opened and we are continuing to develop a number of external partnerships across the globe. We have a strong emphasis on supporting our students to reach their full potential in order to launch themselves onto successful graduate careers and we are embarking on a radical programme of enhancement in learning and teaching across all our academic areas. The University is based on a beautiful parkland campus, is located in south-west London and offers excellent facilities and work environment for research, learning and teaching.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact the Director of the Business School:
Mark Richardson at email@example.com or on +44 (0) 20 8392 3460.
To find out more information about the role and what we’re looking for, please visit the Working at Roehampton section of our website where you will find full details, how to apply, as well as further information about the benefits of working for us.
The closing date for completed applications is: 17 May 2018
It is expected that interviews will be held on: 16 July 2018
The University is an equal opportunities and ‘disability confident’ employer.