Director, Learning and Teaching Services
Location: Sydney or Melbourne
Type: Senior Management
- Full time, permanent
Lead scaled learning and learning improvements, and collective responses for change
About the role
Learning and Teaching is core business for Navitas
Navitas Learning and Teaching Services provides strategic advice, leadership, and advocacy in educational innovation and technology, excellence in teaching and holistic approaches to student success
Reporting to the CEO, University Partnerships (UP) Australasia, the role provides leadership and oversight of the development of learning and teaching within UP Australasia and also across Navitas; to develop approaches and investments in pedagogy that enhance the delivery of courses, the student experience and student outcomes.
The position plays a pivotal academic leadership role in all operational aspects of teaching and learning within Navitas. Through working with peers in other Navitas units, and acting as a “first among equals”, the Director will contribute to the development of the group’s people and Navitas’ growth policies in line with overall corporate objectives, strategies and plans. The role will work closely with strategic business units and academic leaders to transform teaching and learning and education provision across the organisation, through the delivery of prioritised initiatives, projects and services.
This position will provide advice, direction and, where appropriate, support on:
- best practice thought and service leadership in areas of pedagogical excellence,
- the design and delivery of educational products and the student experience, and
- innovation and technology integration into learning and teaching.
To achieve this, the role will lead a team of specialists covering learning and teaching transformation, insights and operations and technology platforms.
The role will lead collaborations with stakeholders for learning and teaching innovations.
More about Learning and Teaching at Navitas here: http://learningandteaching-navitas.com/
More about Navitas here: https://www.navitas.com/organisation
Key result areas
Key performance indicators for the areas of accountability and responsibility are:
- Navitas is recognised for innovative learning and teaching approaches
- Enabled by the global network, Navitas teaching staff are capable, professional and innovative in their practice
- Navitas educational products and curriculum reflect innovative and contemporary practice
- Navitas shares and leverages good practice across Divisions and Colleges
To qualify for this leadership appointment, candidates will bring leadership experience:
- Doctoral level qualifications, or equivalent qualifications and experience
- 7+ years senior level experience in a similar environment
- Commercial acumen coupled with a record of education programs that contribute to quality learning and teaching outcomes and achievement of organisational strategy
- Achievement via team leadership and collaboration at a senior level across a complex organisation and beyond
Learning and teaching scholarship and practice will distinguish this appointment. The right candidate can demonstrate leadership in:
- Planning, designing and implementing large-scale academic and/or curriculum projects;
- Knowledge and direction of developing an evidence base and good practice in learning and teaching, with a recognised profile
- Demonstrated achievements in the quality and impact of pedagogy, academic development, change management and educational technology
The right candidate is an innovator who can inspire and lead change, and brings:
- a strong understanding of technology and its role in contemporary education
- managing change in large complex organisations via inspiration, persuasion and building trust
A record of building capacity of team members and systematically across an organisation will be critical to success in this appointment. The new Director brings success in guiding an organisation to adapt its people, processes and products or services to be more effective.
To learn more, and to apply
For a confidential discussion and to obtain full job details, contact the search firm assisting Navitas with this appointment, Dr Rosalind De Sailly via NavitasLT@desailly.com.au
Applications are to be submitted to NavitasLT@desailly.com.au
Applications should include
- Cover letter briefly summarising your interest and what you would hope to achieve in the position
- Statement addressing the selection criteria (no more than three pages)
- Details of four nominated referees
- Full CV including details of employment, achievements, qualifications and evidence of recognition for excellence in learning and teaching leadership
The position is open until filled.
Navitas strives to be a workplace that promotes diversity, flexibility and equal employment. As such, we invite experienced candidates of all ages, people with a disability and Indigenous Australians to apply.