Senior Researcher in Environmental Sciences
Senior Researcher in Environmental Sciences
The Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Czech University of Life Sciences Prague (Czechia) invites applications for a full-time senior researcher position. We seek applicants with an environmental science major who would be a part of our research teams – Land Research Group, Spatial Science in Ecology, Environmental and Isotope Geochemistry Group, Human Adaptability Studies, Hydrological and Climate Variability, Plant Biodiversity and Evolution Research Group, and Wetlands Group (https://www.fzp.czu.cz/en/r-9409-science-research/r-9674-leading-research-groups).
The position is funded by EU, managing authority the Czech Operational Programme Research, Development and Education, project no. CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16_027/0008366.
- Ph.D. or other appropriate level 8 of ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed 7 or more years before May 2018
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) during the last 3 years
- Calculation of H-index value is based on Web of Science and Scopus. Researchers in social and human sciences does not have to fulfil this requirement.
- The applicant has already published 3 peer-reviewed research outputs during last 5 years
- The applicant has already participated in at least 1 international grant or national grant over the last 5 years as a coordinator or co-coordinator (from the date of submission of the request for funding)
- The applicant will be involved in conducting research
- The applicant will be obliged to take an active part in conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. organised by the receiving institution, at least 1 every 6 months of mobility
- We expect that the researcher will contribute to the preparation of an application for an international project, e.g. H2020 type, which the Faculty of Environmental Sciences will be involved in
- All research activities will be conducted in English; knowledge of the Czech language is not required.
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and salary:
The duration of the position is 6-18 months, starting in September 2018. The gross monthly salary starts at 98,000 CZK (circa 3,843 EUR) including health insurance and social security cover.
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional résumé (CV), including a list of publications
- Confirmation of 2 years professional activity outside of the Czech Republic within the last 3 years (confirmation can also be included in the résumé - CV)
- Calculation of normalized h-index, if applicable (signed by the researcher)
- A brief description of the research that the senior researcher will work on, including justification for the study and its contribution to the field
- Internship plan – availability, schedule of activities
The deadline for application is 18 May 2018. Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted by 4 June 2018. The second round of the interview will take place in the form of a video call.
About the employer
The history of Czech University of Life Sciences Prague begins in 1906. The University was established by a decree of the Austro-Hungarian Emperor Franz Joseph I as a Faculty of Agriculture at the Czech Polytechnics in Prague. It is renowned as a modern, dynamic, cosmopolitan, and prestigious institution of higher education. The University comprises six faculties and one institute.
The Faculty of Environmental Sciences (https://www.fzp.czu.cz/en/) was established in 2007. The faculty is divided into six departments that cover the whole field of education and science. The Faculty of Environmental Sciences carries out interdisciplinary research that integrates a wide range of topics and provides innovative solutions to support sustainable development. The main research topics include Global climate change, Sustainable agriculture, Modelling hydrological processes, Historic landscapes and their sustainable preservation, Chemical stabilization in soils, Spacial science in environment – GIS, remote sensing, Wetlands, and other.
Appendix 1: Guidelines for calculation of normalized h-index
Calculation of a normalized h-index for each senior researcher will constitute one of the appendices included in the project documentation. Researchers in social and human sciences do not have to meet this requirement.
H-index value will be calculated according to the following table
Normalizing factor f: ℎ𝑁=𝑓×ℎ
Agricultural Sciences: 1.27
Biology & Biochemistry: 0.60
Clinical Medicine: 0.76
Computer Science: 1.75
Materials Science: 1.36
Molecular Biology & Genetics: 0.44
Neuroscience & Behaviour: 0.56
Pharmacology & Toxicology: 0.84
Plant & Animal Science: 1.08
Space Science: 0.74