Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Biochemistry/Molecular Biotechnology
School of Biomedical Sciences
- Ongoing, full-time position
- Total remuneration range: $AUD110,428 to $AUD156,007 pa depending on level of appointment
- Relocation assistance provided
QUT is a major Australian university with a global outlook and a 'real world' focus. We are one of the nation’s fastest growing research universities and our courses are in high demand. Our graduates include eight Rhodes Scholars, five of these awarded in the past six years.
We are an ambitious and collaborative institution that seeks to equip our students and graduates with the skills they will need in an increasingly disrupted and challenged world. We are transforming the student experience we offer our 50,000 students and we place a premium on the international and national accreditation of our various professional degrees.
About the roles
The School of Biomedical Sciences is seeking applications from individuals willing to serve a leading role in the development and delivery of units for undergraduates that involve biochemistry and related disciplines, particularly in the understanding and application of molecular biotechnology. The successful person will also be expected to make a significant contribution to building the research capacity of the School, as well as aligning with current strengths. The successful candidate may be appointed at either Lecturer, Level B or Senior Lecturer, Level C, depending on their level of attainment against the position classification standards
Key responsibilities - Level B
- Undertake high impact research including the submission of applications for research grants and publications in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Facilitate excellence in teaching at all levels and across a multi cohort of students.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment.
- Exercise a significant role in teaching and teaching development within the School.
- Provide advice and contribute to curriculum review and design.
- Unit coordination.
- Supervision of research students at both postgraduate and undergraduate levels.
- Provide advice and support to more junior academic staff.
- Effectively engage with industry partners and professional associations at local and national levels.
Key responsibilities - Level C will also include
- Undertake high impact research including a lead role in the submission of applications for research grants and publications in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- A significant role in facilitating excellence in teaching at all levels and across a multi cohort of students.
- Provide authentic real-world learning and assessment, and assist in development of these aspects in the School.
- A leading role in teaching and teaching development within the School.
- Provide leadership and contribute to curriculum review and design.
- Lead and support other academic staff in development of academic performance.
- Provide a leadership role in the engagement with industry partners and professional associations at national/international levels.
- Completion of a doctoral qualification in biochemistry and/or molecular biology involving investigation and application of biochemical and/or molecular mechanisms and techniques.
- Record of independent contribution to high impact research/scholarship in an area that would enable links with existing biochemical and/or molecular research programs; development and application of “omics” technologies would be viewed favorably.
- Evidence of effective supervision of research students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Proven ability to contribute to a high performance and collaborative culture in teaching and research.
- Proven ability to embed innovative approaches to learning and teaching, including in large multi-cohort undergraduate classes and in curriculum design.
- Demonstrated success at developing partnerships that extend translational opportunities for teaching and research.
- For Level C appointments, demonstrated capacity to lead teams in the preparation of grants, consultancies and/or commercial contracts, including productive relationships with external partners, and in the development and preparation of curricula and accreditation documentation.
This position is open to Domestic and International applicants. Aboriginal Australians and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
For further information about the position, please contact, Professor Louise Hafner, Acting Head of School Biomedical Sciences on +61 7 3138 1305; or for further information about working at QUT contact the HR Department on (07) 3138 4104.
For further information and to apply, please visit www.qut.edu.au/jobs for reference number 18279. There is also a position description has the full details about the role and what is required when applying.
Closing Date: 28 May 2018
More searches like this
- Permanent Biological Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Brisbane
- Permanent Physical Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Brisbane
- Permanent Life sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Brisbane
- Permanent Chemistry Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Brisbane