Associate Lecturer/Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Law
The University of Sydney Law School
- Work with internationally renowned colleagues at the University of Sydney Law School
- Up to 6 academic teaching and research roles, full-time, continuing, located at Camperdown Campus
- Full-time, continuing, $84K - $195K which includes salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
We are calling for applications from scholars who can teach into our Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) compulsory teaching units of study.
The University of Sydney seeks to recruit people whose own values align with the University’s stated values of “scholarly courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity”. Sydney Law School is looking to recruit scholars who can teach into our Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) compulsory teaching units; with preference given to candidates who can teach in one or more of the following areas:
- Civil and Criminal Procedure
- Corporations Law
- Private International Law
- Remedies, and
Appointments may be made between Level A and Level D, as appropriate for each candidate. The selection criteria differ for each level, but in broad terms successful candidates will:
- demonstrate talent and enthusiasm for teaching in one or more of the compulsory law units of study in the LLB and JD programs, with preference given to those who can teach the units identified above.
- demonstrate capacity and ability to pursue scholarly research. Successful applicants will generally hold a PhD or other research degree in law; if they do not, they will have demonstrated equivalent research capacity, and
- demonstrate the ability to offer governance, leadership and engagement as appropriate for each academic level.
Sydney Law School attracts high calibre students to its combined Bachelor of Laws (LLB) and Juris Doctor (JD) programs, and has extensive postgraduate teaching and research programs.
The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 706/0418 to apply.
Closing date for applications: 17 June 2018 11.30pm, Sydney time
Interview dates for shortlisted candidates: 30 & 31 August 2018 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.