Senior Learning Designer
Macquarie is the university of pioneering minds. Globally recognised as one of Australia's leading research universities, Macquarie is a place where extraordinary new possibilities come to light. We've helped people to hear, introduced wireless internet technology to the world and broken through traditional boundaries by appointing Australia's first female vice-chancellor.
At Macquarie you'll join a vibrant community of diverse perspectives, all working towards a brighter future for our communities and our planet. Surrounded by a beautiful parkland campus, our students and staff are free to explore and discover, supported by facilities including a high-tech library, private teaching hospital, gym and pools, childcare facilities, a campus train station and the newly expanded Macquarie Centre shopping complex next door.
In the Faculty of Business and Economics we are highly engaged with the world around us, applying our knowledge to make a positive impact. Working with our corporate partners, students and alumni, we create and share research that addresses business and societal challenges. We attract independent thinkers from all corners of the globe and draw on our international connections to improve the lives of communities worldwide. Our courses are recognised by key industry bodies and include the country's longest-running and most highly regarded actuarial studies and finance programs.
Learning and Teaching activities in the Faculty of Business and Economics aim to provide a connected learning community through the provision of creative and innovative learning experiences, improving graduate and postgraduate capabilities and fostering a culture that supports excellence.
We are seeking experienced and proactive Senior Learning Designers to support the design, development, and implementation of innovative curricula and assessments designed for a global audience of learners. The successful candidates will be highly passionate about education, work well within a cross-functional team with ambitious goals and tight deadlines and will be prepared to invite and offer constructive feedback in order to learn, change and grow.
With strong curriculum writing skills, this is a hands-on role developing innovative, engaging learning experiences for learners from around the world.
Reporting to the Program Director (Design and Experience), you will be joining a dynamic team of educators and learning experts and will be instrumental in:
- Designing, developing and producing innovative, engaging learning resources, including high-quality assessments.
- Providing group and individual professional development and expert advice to teaching staff on curriculum and assessment design, and the use of technologies on a designated learning management system.
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team to deliver outstanding online education experiences to learners from around the world.
To be considered for this position, please respond to the selection criteria (maximum 2 pages) below and submit your response along with your cover letter and CV. For more in-depth detail, please refer to the required knowledge and key experiences listed in the Position Description.
- Degree in education/education technology or relevant equivalent knowledge, training and / or experience;
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience in teaching, online education, instructional design, and / or learning science; experience designing and developing full degree curriculums will be a highly desirable plus.
- A record of past achievement developing engaging and effective learning resources and assessments;
- Creative problem-solving abilities, excellent written and verbal communication, and strong interpersonal and operational skills.
- Strong bias for action and ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, and cross-functional environment.
- Ability to initiate, coordinate and manage numerous projects and schedules simultaneously.
Salary Package: ranging from $100,706 p.a. (Level 8) plus 17% superannuation and annual leave loading. Salary and level will be subject to relevant experience.
Appointment Type: full time continuing (one role), full time 3-year fixed-term (one role)
Specific Role Enquiries: Dr Yvonne Breyer, Program Director (Design and Experience) at email@example.com
General Recruitment Enquiries: Alex Righton, Human Resources on firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Friday 27 April 2018, 11:55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTI; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.