Chair of Orthodontics
The University of Adelaide is a member of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
Due to an imminent retirement, an exceptional opportunity now exists for an inspirational academic leader to direct the orthodontic program at one of the most distinguished dental schools in Australasia.
The Adelaide Dental School is a powerhouse contributor to the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences and University of Adelaide. Home to world-leading scientists and professionals firmly committed to innovation and impact, the School boasts a strong culture of industry engagement and collaboration consistently delivering world-class research and education. The School is located in the new state-of-the-art teaching space in the Adelaide Health and Medical Sciences building, situated in the South Australian Health and Biomedical Precinct, adjacent to the new Royal Adelaide Hospital and SAHMRI. The precinct is one of the largest in the Southern Hemisphere with the Dental School ideally placed at its centre.
Named in honour of Dr Percy Raymond Begg, the appointed PR Begg Chair of Orthodontics, will make a significant contribution to the School.
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and strategic leader who will encourage an environment of creativity and innovation, and engage with the broader academic and professional community, to promote and enhance the national and international profile of orthodontics, the School and the University. The Chair will work closely with the South Australian Dental Service, to ensure full compliance of the requirements of the 30-year partnership agreement to deliver public dental and orthodontic services to the State of South Australia.
Unique to this role will be:
- The opportunity to oversee the esteemed Milton Sims Visiting Professor Program, which was established to bring eminent international professors and educators to the University to share their knowledge and experience; and
- Access to substantial dedicated funding to support research in orthodontics, through the support of The University of Adelaide Dental Research and Education Fund.
The remuneration for this Level E continuing position is $241,681 per annum (comprising salary, loadings and 17% superannuation)
To be successful in this role you should have:
- A PhD or equivalent in a relevant field.
- A dental qualification registerable in Australia as a specialist in the discipline of orthodontics.
- An established international reputation for research in the area of orthodontics.
- Established undergraduate and postgraduate level teaching skills.
- Leadership and management skills in an appropriate tertiary environment.
- High level skills and experience to engage and integrate with the broader academic and professional community.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application. If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Professor Richard Logan, Dean and Head of School, Adelaide Dental School, telephone: +61 8 8313 3066 or email: email@example.com
To request a candidate booklet, please contact Ms Tania Lovering, Strategic Recruitment Specialist, Human Resources, on telephone: +61 8 8313 0459 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 15 June 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.