Postdoctoral Research Associate in Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
School of Life and Environmental Sciences
Faculty of Science
- Research position focused on genetics and genomics, physiology, evolutionary biology, bioinformatics in the University of Sydney
- Part-time, 0.8 FTE, 3 Years Fixed-Term.
- Academic Level A, Base Salary: $90,276 p.a. - $96,905 p.a. pro-rata, plus leave loading and a generous employer’s contribution to superannuation.
About the opportunity
Applications are invited for a Postdoctoral Research Associate to join our research team working on a project test whether disease outcomes of cereal-rust interactions are dependent on specific interactions between host and pathogen proteases and protease inhibitors.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence and are seeking to recruit for a Postdoctoral Associate role within the School of Life and Environmental Sciences, who will be responsible to conduct:
- Advanced skills in standard laboratory techniques used in the molecular biosciences
- Ability and motivation to learn new laboratory techniques in the molecular biosciences
- Ability to design appropriate experiments to address research questions
- Capability to carry out duties without supervision and to work cooperatively in a group
- Strong commitment to research quality and research integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High levels of organisation with attention to detail and good time management
- Ability to assist with the supervision of research students
We are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate with PhD in A PhD in biochemistry/molecular biology or closely-related discipline.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 6000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 602/0418F to apply.
An employer visa sponsorship is not available for this part-time position. Candidates holding their own Visa are eligible to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm 07 May 2018 (Sydney Time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
If we think your skills are needed in other areas of the University, we will be sure to contact you about other opportunities.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.