Administration Officer, Transition Support
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Faculty of Engineering at UNSW is a national and international leader in engineering research and education and is the University’s premier research Faculty. It is the largest Engineering Faculty in Australia, graduating the largest number of engineers and with the largest research expenditure. Through excellence in fundamental and applied research the Faculty aims to be placed in the top 20 internationally by 2025.
About the role
- $71K - $80K plus 9.5% Superannuation and annual leave loading
- Fixed Term 9 months
- Full-time (35 hours per week)
The Administration Officer (Transition Support) is a fixed term position to support the Faculty’s transition to Operational Excellence, a key enabler of the UNSW Strategy 2025.
As a member of the General Administration Team of the Faculty, this position supports activities as required within the Schools and Dean’s Unit.
The role of Administration Officer (Transition Support) reports to the Team Leader, General Administration, with a dotted reporting line to School Manager.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrated administrative experience within a large and complex institution or equivalent.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to establish priorities, achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to apply, interpret, advise on and contribute to the development of protocols, procedures, guidelines and administrative systems.
- Well-developed interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills with a customer service focus and the ability to liaise with a diversity of stakeholders at all levels across an organisation.
- A performance-oriented approach with demonstrated ability to act with a high level of independence, initiative, problem solving, analysis and judgment to provide accurate and appropriate outcomes.
- Advanced word processing, PowerPoint, spreadsheet, database, desktop publishing, internet and e-mail skills, including proficiency with computer packages including Microsoft Office.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Ms Melany Tecson, Administrative Team Leader, UNSW Engineering
T: (61 2) 9385 4319
Applications close: 23 April 2018