Graduate Research Assistant, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
5 days left
- Part Time
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences
UWA Medical School
- Based at Royal Perth Hospital
- Part-time, 0.2 FTE appointment on a six month fixed term basis
- Level 5 salary range: $68,214 to $75,724 pro rata (plus 9.5% superannuation)
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team: The CESM D Study is an externally funded prospective study to investigate whether or not the addition of Contrast Enhanced Spectral Mammography to standard breast imaging techniques can improve the pre-operative staging of women with pure Ductal Carcinoma in Situ of the breast diagnosed on core biopsy.
About the opportunity: As a Graduate Research Assistant, you will coordinate the conduct of this study, arrange appointments, and enter results into an existing database. Under the direction of the PI you will arrange appointments for imaging studies (and further tests if required), and help ensure all reports are available prior to the patient’s surgical planning appointment. You will assist in capturing and maintaining participants’ results in an existing database and in preparing data extracts for analysis. You will be involved in participant recruitment, data collection and data entry, and preparing reports for funding bodies.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A degree in Science, Nursing, Health Science, Health Informatics or relevant discipline
- Relevant experience in conducting research in a clinical or hospital setting
- A current Certificate of Good Clinical Practice or willingness to complete this training
- Proficiency in a range of computing skills including word processing, spread sheets, databases, referencing software, internet and email
- Highly developed organisational skills and demonstrated ability to set priorities and to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, show initiative and work productively as part of a team
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and liaison skills
Full details of the position’s responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Thursday, 26 April 2018
This position is only open to applicants with relevant rights to work in Australia
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI – inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.