Research Officer, Department of Biochemistry and Genetics
- Full-time, fixed term contract for one year
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Biochemistry & Genetics is situated within the School of Molecular Sciences and is based in the La Trobe Institute of Molecular Science (LIMS). This $94.1 million LIMS building offers students and scientists world-class research and teaching facilities. The state-of-the-art research hub is the interface between La Trobe, local and global biotechnology companies, and is a key player in the development of a Northern Bioscience Precinct in Melbourne’s fast-growing northern region.
About the position
The Hill Laboratory is looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Postdoctoral Researcher to join their team and develop projects in the laboratory relating to extracellular vesicle research. The key aspects will be to undertake original experimental research, aiding researchers and students in their research experiments, assisting with writing manuscripts and reports, and with general running of the laboratory.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD degree in the relevant discipline and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- A record of contribution to publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of research potential.
- Experience in the analysis and modelling of data, including the capacity to integrate data from a range of sources and of uneven quality.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 15 May 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Andy Hill, +61 3 9479 1224 or Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.