Communications and Engagement Specialist, Strategy
6 days left
- Full Time
Marketing and Communications/Strategy Portfolio (Internal Communications)
- Provide communications and engagement services to the Strategy Portfolio
- Located at Camperdown/Darlington Campus
- Full-time fixed term role (3 years), $119K pa which includes leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
As part of the internal communications team, this role will provide communications and engagement services to the Strategy Portfolio; create content to support University strategic projects; develop and implement engagement plans for the portfolio; and represent the portfolio in Marketing and Communications’ planning. In terms of physical location, the incumbent will split the time between both offices and attend appropriate planning meetings in both teams.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Communications and Engagement Specialist (Strategy) who can:
- design and implement engagement plans to ensure that stakeholder audiences are identified, segmented appropriately and kept informed of relevant portfolio projects
- oversee event planning and implementation and provide support for the organisation of events, including town halls and workshops for the Vice-Principal, Strategy
- source, create and curate high-quality content, including presentations, to support the planning and delivery of the University’s strategy
- take responsibility for updating and maintaining Strategy portfolio-related content on the University’s staff intranet and other digital engagement channels, in collaboration with other Marketing and Communications team members
- develop effective and supportive relationships with staff at all levels across the University.
The Vice-Principal (Strategy) is responsible for driving the University’s strategic agenda, including providing analysis, insight, and high-level advice to the Vice-Chancellor and Principal and the University Executive on key strategic issues and opportunities. The Strategy Portfolio instigates and facilitates strategic dialogue across the University to inform the development of strategy and planning, and to drive collaboration, partnerships and opportunities for the University. The Portfolio leads the design and development of the University’s strategic planning process and the related performance monitoring and implementation. The Portfolio includes three units: the Central Project Management Office, the Strategic Planning Office and the Strategic Ventures Office.
The Marketing, Communications and Engagement unit works at a whole-of-University level to build the University’s reputation and brand position. The unit is responsible for the design, development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies and initiatives that target key stakeholders including alumni, donors, prospective students, current students, staff and the general public, and that meet the University’s strategic objectives.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia’s first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website. All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number to apply.
Please note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing date: 11.30pm 26 April 2018
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment