Research Assistant - Department of Adult & Community Education
Maynooth University is committed to a strategy in which the primary University goals of excellent research and scholarship and outstanding education are interlinked and equally valued.
The Department of Adult and Community Education are seeking a Research Assistant to work on the end stages of two European Funded Erasmus + research projects. The first project is Unlocking Freedom through Adult Education: the role of adult education in supporting the de-institutionalisation of people with disabilities in the community. Its core ambitions are to improve lifelong opportunities and social integration of people with intellectual disabilities and to support adult educators in adapting their practice to embrace this vision.
The second project is Integrating Cultural Diversity in Higher Education (HE4u2). Its core ambition is to reform teaching and learning in higher education institutions in order to improve the experiences of migrant and ethnic minority students.
• In collaboration with European partners, participate in the write-up of each project (Unlocking Freedom and HE4u2).
• Finalise continuous professional development curricula from each research project in preparation for circulation and publication.
• Coordinate final dissemination of outputs from each project to include academic publications and preparation of conference papers.
• Support the administration of Unlocking Freedom project implementation.
• Assist in the development of follow-up related applications for future European Erasmus+ funding.