Student Advocacy Officer
7 days left
- Part Time
- Classification: Higher Education Officer Level 6
- Salary Range: $75,223 - $80,340 pa (pro-rata)
- Employment Type: Continuing, part-time (0.4 FTE) with the possibility of 0.6 FTE until 31 December 2018
- Position Reports to: Team Leader - Student Assist
- Please Direct Application Enquiries to: Ms Vanesa Duran Racero
- Closing Date: 11:00am, Friday 27 April 2018
The Student Advocacy Officer works in a team context to provide independent and confidential advocacy and welfare services to students. These services include:
- The provision of advice, support and advocacy on a range of matters relating, but not limited, to the University’s student related policies and procedures
- The assessment of student loans and grants and the provision of emergency financial assistance.
The Student Advocacy Officer will receive general to broad direction from the Team Leader, Student Assist and, in the main, will determine their own priorities and work plans consistent with the objectives of Student Assist. The Student Advocacy Officer is also expected to operate within a framework of established policies and work systems. Both specific and broad outcomes are reviewed.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
Information For Applicants:
You are required to provide a submission of no more than three pages, stating how your current and/or recent experience meet the requirements of the position description.