2 days left
- Full Time
- Be an integral part of our exciting project
- Faculty of Business & Law, Centre for Transformative Innovation, Hawthorn Campus
- Academic Level A $67,015 - $90,250 + 17% Super, 2 years fixed term contract
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
About the department
The Centre for Transformative Innovation (CTI) is part of the Faculty of Business and Law. We strive to improve Australia’s innovative capacity by understanding how ideas and inventions enhance productivity. We aim to be a global leader in research on technology and innovation for policy and management.
For further information please click on the link below:
About the job
This position works within the Centre for Transformative Innovation in the Faculty of Business & Law and will be working in a research centre which investigates the economics of innovation and science. The successful applicant will also be expected to manage and maintain servers and databases and extract new datasets when required.
The Data Scientist is responsible for conducting research utilising state of the art data mining, statistical and visualization techniques in order to discover important insights and identify opportunities in the main research areas of the Centre of Transformative Innovation.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- A PhD in Data Science, Computer Science, Software Development, Statistics, Physics or a related computing intensive field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming and big data analytics, including an understanding of relational databases and parallel programming using tools such as MySQL, Python, PHP, Java, etc, and experience with both Windows and Linux.
- Demonstrated high degree of analytical and problem solving skills, as well as organisational and administrative skills, as required to manage, process and analyse complex datasets.
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We have an inclusive working environment with employees from a variety of backgrounds. We acknowledge that diversity in the university workforce increases the effectiveness of teams and our capacity for innovation. We welcome applications from Indigenous people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2017 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various discounts on annual Myki cards, private health insurance and movie tickets. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including paid maternity/partner leave, onsite childcare, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit:
Further information, contacts and support
To start an application click on 'apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Beth Webster on +61392144620 or via email at email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm, Sunday 22nd April 2018
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in Hawthorn
- Fixed Term Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in Hawthorn